Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User packetman
(member) Mon 29-Apr-13 17:18:35
Print Post

Address book problem

[link to this post]

A non-technical friend has got an iMAC MC309BA (OS Lion), and he asked me to help him with the address book feature. He was having problems entering addresses. I'm used to Windows and not a MAC expert but thought it would be fairly self explanatory, so I had a go. Setting up the address card and fields was straightforward, but in the process of typing anything in; i.e. address or phone number, this works as expected at first, but then randomly the whole of the entry field goes blank, and typing anything further just produces spaces. If you click "done" then you can see what you entered up to the time it went blank. If you edit again you can add more and if you're lucky complete the entry. As I said, it's random, and doesn't always do it. There are no other known issues on the machine. Anyone have any idea how to fix this weird problem? Can you re-install Address Book or is it part of the OS? Thanks!
Standard User packetman
(member) Tue 07-May-13 11:25:48
Print Post

Re: Address book problem

[re: packetman] [link to this post]

No-one replied, but I also asked the question on a MAC forum. I've fixed it now thanks to a reply on there, which I share here in case anyone else is having similar problems. There is a file addressbook.abcddb which I deleted, this is a database index file apparently, that can get corrupted. All working OK now.
  Print Thread

Jump to