Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Sun 23-Jun-13 12:11:34
Print Post

Home sharing

[link to this post]

Been watching movies on Apple TV 3 all week, today without any changes it tells me I need to switch on home sharing to share my iTunes library, check the iMac iTunes says home sharing is turned on for that account, appletv says not, anyone got any ideas before appletv goes flying down the garden.
Standard User billford
(elder) Sun 23-Jun-13 12:37:17
Print Post

Re: Home sharing

[re: janitor] [link to this post]

Are you running the latest software (5.3)?

An earlier version had this problem if used on wireless, iirc switching to wired sorted it.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.________________Planes and Boats and ... _____________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Sun 23-Jun-13 12:37:24
Print Post

There was an update to Apple tv maybe that reset it.
If you haven't done so I would restart the Apple tv and mac and see if that corrects it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User janitor
(experienced) Sun 23-Jun-13 14:30:54
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Cheers everyone, relocated the Homehub next to appletv and everything seems to be working again, don't know why it's been where it was for weeks, but all back to normal now.
Standard User billford
(elder) Sun 23-Jun-13 14:37:26
Print Post

Interference from a neighbour's router?

I run mine wired, but if I need to use wireless for any reason I use 5GHz- no other networks within range on that smile

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.________________Planes and Boats and ... _____________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
  Print Thread

Jump to