Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Aug-13 09:41:28
Print Post

Ipod Touch 5th Generation

[link to this post]

Just upgraded from my 2nd generation ipod touch to a nice new 5th Generation Touch because older models do not support the current firmware needed by Spotify which i believe is just pure greed from Apple.

Anyway i was all happy with the purchase until i came to charging it and found Apple have now changed the 30 pin or whatever it is to a smaller charging slot.

brilliant i thought how is this going to work on my ipod connector in the car that has a old lead fed from the stereo through the car console....

Anyone suggest a adapter or a way around this,had a look on the internet and the more i look the more people are saying that only Apple products will work.

Looked at some of the accessories but I'm still not sure what to buy here.

seems i need a Apple Lightning connector at a cost.

Edited by time2die (Sat 03-Aug-13 09:47:35)

Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 03-Aug-13 09:49:30
Print Post

Re: Ipod Touch 5th Generation

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I got a Lightning to 30 pin adapter from Amazon which works fine with my 5G Touch. The plastic strikes me as being a bit flimsy but has so far been reliable. Had it for around 6 months.
Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Sat 03-Aug-13 10:21:16
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Be careful what you buy if you want the sound through your car stereo. Some of the really cheap ones don't pass the sound on and only charge the ipod, ask if they don't state this. I was a wee bit miffed myself when Apple changed but the new connector is much better and after a couple of years we will forget the old 30pin job.
The connector aside the new 5th gen one is streets ahead in terms of speed and screen of the old one which I still have and use.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 03-Aug-13 13:14:50
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

Audio passthru works fine on my wife's Kia Sportage with the non Apple version I bought. My X-Trail does not have this feature and I'm not bothered as I prefer to listen to the radio or the CD stack when traveling.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Aug-13 14:49:10
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

I ended up ordering the official lighting adaptor from a eBay merchant for £21 , apple order for the same product once I went through the order procedure was £30 when the VAT was added.

What a rip of this company is,love there products but there is no way they need to sell these at such extreme prices.
  Print Thread

Jump to