Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Oct-13 19:52:17
Print Post

Problem with inbuilt camera

[link to this post]

OK - MacBookPro , now on Mavericks . Has been used with Skype and the Camera.

Have a pal in New York who, when we Skype , can't use his camera because of presumably Bandwidth and a lower speed than me.

Called me up from the PPE Exhibition in NYC today so , not knowing where he was I clicked on the voice only Icon - then realised he was on a very very fast connection , but could find no way of turning my camera on .

I'm on Skype Version 6.7.0.373

I've had Video Chats with someone in Ireland this week - so I know the camera is working

Anyone got any ideas ?

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
MacBook Pro on OSX 10.9 ,Virgin Super Hub , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 60meg
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Oct-13 23:19:15
Print Post

Re: Problem with inbuilt camera

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

Does Preferences >>> Audio/ Video not help?

Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Oct-13 08:17:50
Print Post

Re: Problem with inbuilt camera

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

didn't see anything useful there .

It only seems to be a problem if I click on the phone [ i.e. talk ] rather than the camera [ for video ]

I checked last night - and the inbuilt opens automatically in other applications .

I was just caught out by the fact that I hadn't realised that the Chat in question would be a video one !

It's weird - I'll have to wait for a mate down in England to come on Skype when we both have time to mess about and see what we find.

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
MacBook Pro on OSX 10.9 ,Virgin Super Hub , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 60meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to