Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 17-Jan-14 09:05:24
Print Post

Here we go again - iPlayer not working on iPad

[link to this post]

I made a very similar post a year or two ago, but that time it was only radio that was not working. That problem spontaneously resolved - so must have been something tweaked at the BBC end - but now it's happened again, but this time it's all programmes - radio and TV.

Last time on these forums, I managed to find one other person having the same problem - and his resolved the same time mine did - another pointer to it being at the BBC, not local.

However, I'm baffled that the problem doesn't seem to be general, as the Beeb is not reporting a current "known issue", and I can't find any mention on forums.

I only posted recently that my iPad 1 is now almost useless - with the exception of iPlayer. If that has now gone too, I'm going to have to look round for a cheap replacement tablet.

Every single programme is now saying it's not available, but that I can watch on Windows etc. This was as of late last night. No problems noted before that.

Tried all the usual stuff of clearing cache, full reset etc. It doesn't matter whether I'm using the app or the website (this is the same as last time, too). None of the programmes work.

Don't know whether to just sit tight and see if it clears itself up, like last time, or whether they've finally pulled the plug on it. Wouldn't there be some kind of announcement somewhere, if they've suddenly withdrawn support for older versions of Safari? (iPad 1 won't upgrade past 5).

T.
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Jan-14 09:19:27
Print Post

Re: Here we go again - iPlayer not working on iPad

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

I'm getting the same result in Safari on my iPad 1, but it seems to be working fine in the iPlayer app. TBH, the app is far better than going via a browser so it doesn't bother me.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Fri 17-Jan-14 09:36:03
Print Post

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

I'm the other way round - I never bother with the app; I can't see the point of it. I would use it if it was the only way that still worked, but for me it's not working either - unless it has suddenly been fixed since last time I tried. Can't be bothered to go all the way upstairs to fetch the iPad. Next time I'm up there, will check to see if things have improved at all.

T.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brandscill
(member) Mon 27-Jan-14 23:39:39
Print Post

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

They updated the app today with bug fixes so you never know!
  Print Thread

Jump to