Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Feb-14 10:48:09
Print Post

Magic mouse issue

[link to this post]

Despite singing its praises in the past, I have acquired an annoying intermittent issue with my 'Magic Mouse'.

Every couple of days or so, it will have long bouts of dropping connection, for maybe 15 seconds or so, then will reconnect, sometimes for hours, sometimes for minutes.

I have (obviously) changed the batteries, cleaned the contacts, tried deleting and remaking the connection afresh. All to no avail.

Any ideas ?

Standard User billford
(elder) Sun 23-Feb-14 10:55:10
Print Post

Re: Magic mouse issue

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

This isn't any real help, but mine started doing that after I'd had it a few months… then some weeks later it stopped doing it confused

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Feb-14 11:57:33
Print Post

If you haven't already done so, I would deregister it as a Bluetooth device and then pair it again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Feb-14 12:52:38
Print Post

Yeah, this seems to happen every now and then.

It seems to be associated with going bonkers in a style consistent with a hair over the laser thingy (excuse the technical term), almost as if the mouse is crashing and I'm now in the habit of clearing it out at the slightest hint of playing up. That seems to help (although anecdote is, of course, the singular of evidence).

Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Feb-14 13:06:25
Print Post

You might want to look at this thread. The general consensus seems to be that it's a design issue with the battery compartment. Easily fixed with a little bodging. Never had this problem myself, but I always use the same set of rechargeables.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Feb-14 16:10:36
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Thanks all for the advice.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Feb-14 16:18:01
Print Post

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

That all makes sense, will try that and report back, thank you. smile

Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Sun 23-Feb-14 17:14:51
Print Post

Just gave up on my admittedly older (almost 5 years) apple wireless keyboard. Bought the wired apple one.
It started to behave erratically, loosing certain keys, connection etc. Everything I tried didn't work.
Back to usb for me.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Feb-14 21:20:18
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

Well it's the mouse thats misbehaving for me. Following the links posted earlier, the paper and blu-tack solutions have not worked, but the foil trick seems to be holding up better, course I could be back in another 'good' period. Next stop would seem to be larger batteries ....

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Feb-14 14:11:32
Print Post

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

Update: Tried all the fixes in your links, thank you. The foil option has been the most successful, but still has the odd loss. On the hunt for 'fat' double A's now.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to