Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User billford
(elder) Thu 24-Apr-14 07:11:49
Print Post

Jimi

[link to this post]

USB extension for your iMac

Not sure it's worth 15 Euros (might be if it also provided a few more ports), but it's a neat idea.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Apr-14 08:57:35
Print Post

Re: Jimi

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier just to use a short USB extension lead? But then that probably wouldn't be as "pretty".
Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Apr-14 09:24:27
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

a couple of things...

why was it so hard to get the first lead in to the imac's USB port, but the jimi goes straight in?

and

aren't you just putting a massive lever onto the connection, or is it stuck onto the mac?

either way, i shan't be buying one.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Apr-14 09:48:37
Print Post

[re: cookie] [link to this post]

I think the first was difficult to connect as they were doing it blind from the front whereas when he plugs the Jimi in he is leaning around to look into the back of the IMAC.

It clips on to the vent so presumably the arc in the "J" with the USB port at one end and the clip on the vent at the other helps with the effects of the lever.

Still looks unnecessary to me when a simple extension would do the same job.

My concern is actually that he always grabs the front of the MAC before plugging a cable in which suggests there is an amount of force required. Using a small extension would remove any potential for the MAC to move or for anything to break under the forces involved.
  Print Thread

Jump to