Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Tue 17-Feb-15 17:55:54
Print Post

Apple Watch

[link to this post]

I've just been reading something about this and was left wondering whether anyone see the point of this here or elsewhere, who is not inclined to buy anything made by Apple or is just plain anal and/or paranoid about their health and/or fitness.

Des

Sky Broadband, Wired, Wireless, VoIP, 1 Mac, 2. Hackintoshes, 1 PC, 2 HTPCs, iPhone, iPad, OS X, Windows 7, Hate and 8 rhyming is not an accident!

Rehab is for quitters
Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Tue 17-Feb-15 17:57:35
Print Post

Re: Apple Watch

[re: Desmond] [link to this post]

Ah! Go on. You know you want one. wink

Sweet Thames, run softly till I end my song,
Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Feb-15 18:04:42
Print Post

Inclined to agree, although Cook hinted that its full capabilities have not been revealed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Tue 17-Feb-15 20:59:52
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

Not at all. My fully mechanical Tag Heuer will do me perfectly fine for decades to come. Unlike the Apple Watch, it will never need charging or a new battery or winding or taking off my wrist for that matter other than for a few minutes in very particular circumstances. It will also go to 300m under water. Apple's offer will not be guaranteed to survive a splash of something at a urinal never mind actually washing your hands after. It will also be oh so 2015 within months of being released.

More than anything, I really am not interested in my heart rate or blood pressure or steps taken or stairs climbed or any of the so called 'information' an Apple Watch would provide. All I want a watch for is to tell me the time. I do not want to press a button for this. I just want to glance at the thing on my wrist.

Des

Sky Broadband, Wired, Wireless, VoIP, 1 Mac, 2. Hackintoshes, 1 PC, 2 HTPCs, iPhone, iPad, OS X, Windows 7, Hate and 8 rhyming is not an accident!

Rehab is for quitters

Edited by Desmond (Tue 17-Feb-15 21:37:15)

Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Tue 17-Feb-15 21:05:05
Print Post

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

I think its full capabilities might be more to Apple's benefit than mine. wink

Des

Rehab is for quitters
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Wed 18-Feb-15 07:15:42
Print Post

I am quite a keen Apple fan, but this is not something that interests me in any way shape or form.

Time will tell if one day I am out having a few drinks in town and happen to stumble upon the Apple store and end up with one though....
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Wed 18-Feb-15 07:53:22
Print Post

[re: NaNook] [link to this post]

Likewise... I have numerous Apple products from iMacs through MacBooks etc.

I like analog watches and have several nice ones. I expect I may be unusual in not having a digital watch. The Apple watch holds little interest to me.

On a different subject I am interested in the Apple/Tesla battle for top-end employees.
Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Wed 18-Feb-15 08:40:52
Print Post

[re: NaNook] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NaNook:
Time will tell if one day I am out having a few drinks in town and happen to stumble upon the Apple store and end up with one though....
Don't worry. They're snotty little [censored]. I doubt if they'll let you in. wink

Sweet Thames, run softly till I end my song,
Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.
Standard User DRW
(committed) Wed 18-Feb-15 11:44:50
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

I saw a report somewhere that Apple would be buying Tesla in about 18 months
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 18-Feb-15 17:30:01
Print Post

There's a picture of it here http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/r/s/727x/assets/images/ph...

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to