Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 14-Apr-15 08:45:50
Print Post

Mail account problem

[link to this post]

I have a laptop,desktop running windows with pop mail,all ok. However I have IPAD with pop mail, but if I add another mail account(for my wife), I get the following error: cannot get mail, the account is in use on another device. I have a feeling that it is connected with the latest updat (ver 8.3). I noticed that other people have the same issue, but no solution. All my machines have two pop mail accounts without problem till now.
Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 14-Apr-15 16:01:40
Print Post

Re: Mail account problem

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Hi, it would seem that I can have an email account ok on my IPAD, but I cannot add another one ( for my wife), it gives the error message mentioned in my previous letter. It had been fine for over a year till now. I suspect it is due to the latest update ver 8.3. A reset does not make any difference.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 14-Apr-15 16:17:52
Print Post

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

I have 3 email accounts on my iPad with no problems at all even after the v8.3 update. However, they are IMAP accounts rather than POP3 accounts. I do not know whether that makes a difference.

David

Infinity 2 over FTTP from BTBroadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User samulam
(committed) Wed 15-Apr-15 18:03:25
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

The error message " cannot get mail, the account is in use on another device", only appear if I add another email account. So now I have one email account for my wife which is pop. If I add my email account, I get this error. I have two email accounts on my laptop and desktop ( both pop).Both ok
  Print Thread

Jump to