Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Mon 05-Oct-15 07:24:34
Print Post

Mac Mini

[link to this post]

How easy is it to upgrade the hard drive from standard to SSD, and is memory easy to upgrade?

It is an October 2012 version with 4GB of RAM.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 05-Oct-15 07:29:03
Print Post

Re: Mac Mini

[re: NaNook] [link to this post]

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/mac-m...
Standard User TinyMongomery
(member) Mon 05-Oct-15 07:33:46
Print Post

RAM is easy to upgrade. Just pop the cover off, remove old RAM insert new, replace cover.

Disk upgrade is a little more complicated, but not too big a deal if you purchase the correct tools and are happy dismantling computers. It does mean, essentially, taking the whole thing apart to get at the disk(s).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Mon 05-Oct-15 16:02:09
Print Post

Ta for the advice, will give it a go
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Mon 05-Oct-15 22:39:07
Print Post

I have a 2007 model mini and it's been running OSX server/10.7.2 since then until now. It's got 3GB ram and I removed the CD drive and put a SSD in behind the slot for the OS and it has a 1TB drive where the standard 250GB one was.

Still going strong and running 24/7. It's the max it can go but a massive improvement on the original specs it had.

Edited by ZenUserJP (Mon 05-Oct-15 22:40:04)

Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Thu 08-Oct-15 07:41:17
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Having studied your link in greater depth, I cannot seem to find a link to the actual instructions for this?
(member) Thu 08-Oct-15 07:54:42
Print Post

RAM replacement is self-evident - twist the cover off take old modules out, install new modules.

The videos at the bottom of the page show you how to do the disk change. (Note that the skill level required is "Challenging" and you do need the correct tools.)
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Thu 08-Oct-15 08:06:07
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

I have already replaced the r4m, took 3 seconds. I am looking for the in-depth instructions on replacing the hard drive with an SSD, however, h4ve subsequently found a very good tutori4l.

I have the correct tools and have built PCs from scratch in the past many times, mostly for resale, with absolutely no complaints. I have also taken an iphone apart and put it back together fully working so have no concerns with doing the h4rd drive upgr4de.
(member) Thu 08-Oct-15 08:46:44
Print Post

As long as you have the special tool for removing the m/b you should have no problems.
(member) Thu 08-Oct-15 10:16:32
Print Post

BTW. I have been trying to help you here by providing information about a topic that you enquired about. Now it's getting pretty obvious to me that you are taking the wee-wee and there is nothing wrong with your keyboard.

I don't know what your problem is, or what mental issues you have, and TBH I don't really care. But I think it is pretty damn rude of you when I am trying to help. I notice that you are also continually rude to other people in the "Park" forum to the extent that you keep getting posts deleted by the moderator. I'm sure you think that you are being very clever but it's just childish.

I've been trying to contribute to the forums here but it is discouraging when you and a few other posters insist on playing silly games.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to