Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Mon 19-Oct-15 16:23:33
Print Post

Decent music app

[link to this post]

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent music app, that will sync my playlists with my mac and iPhone,and just leave them that way. I am fed up with iTunes deleting music from playlists, or even playlists completely. i have had iTunes totally delete about 10 play lists from my iPhone, and for the past few weeks it has been editing the playlist taking about two thirds of the music off one playlist three times. Getting fed up of having to re add music on a weekly basis.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Oct-15 18:15:57
Print Post

Re: Decent music app

[re: janitor] [link to this post]

I only use Spotify which in my opinion is brilliant and as much music as you want from virtually every artist and genre but at a cost of £9.99 per month.

Personally its the best thing we have ever payed for regarding listening to music,any new album that comes out is added and for the price of just a single cd this pays for itself.

You can make yourself countless playlists and taylor it to your needs and then use the offline mode and listen to your hearts content.
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Mon 19-Oct-15 18:21:21
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Cheers, but a streaming app isn't really an option, as some of the music I listen to isn't general release so wouldn't be available to stream.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 19-Oct-15 19:15:47
Print Post

you can download local music files from your computer to Spotify mobile app.

TBH it's not the most convenient thing, but it does work, and i like Spotify. nearly always use it in preference to iTunes these days.
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Tue 20-Oct-15 12:00:50
Print Post

[re: cookie] [link to this post]

Well iTunes has removed another 7 tunes from a 13 tune playlist, I only added them back in last night, I am now trying the google music player see how that goes, if that gives me problems I will try Spotify but really don't need the streaming abilities, as I said most of what I listen to isn't available. The problem seems to have occurred when I finished with the free trial of Apple Music, and decided not to continue with it.
Standard User cookie
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Oct-15 12:04:40
Print Post

i too have ditched apple music after the trial. i'm not looking forward to any resulting chaos.
Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Tue 20-Oct-15 12:10:29
Print Post

[re: cookie] [link to this post]

I've been using iTunes and Apple music for years and months respectively. I've seen no music being deleted although I have heard reports of it happening.
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Tue 20-Oct-15 12:59:13
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

I have used iTunes for years with no problems, but the day the Apple Music free trial ended all but one of my playlists vanished, and it's been deleting songs from the remaining playlists every couple of days, what's really annoying is some of the deleted tunes were purchased through iTunes Store.
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Fri 30-Oct-15 18:24:35
Print Post

Just a quick update, I have turned off Apple Music, genius and iCloud music library and all is well again, which of these was causing the problem, I don't know, but haven't missed any functionality so obviously wasn't using any of it, but all is fine now.
  Print Thread

Jump to