Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Jan-16 19:14:33
Print Post

Help Outlook on Mac To Windows ?

[link to this post]

Hi Everyone.

Can anybody recommend a easy method of transferring Outlook Express mail folders from a Apple Mac to a new works Windows laptop running Windows 8.1.

Without downloading some 3rd party program I'm totally in the dark at how to do this,my girlfriend has a works email address associated with her works Mac and it needs to be transferred so this works on a Windows machine.

I have suggested she talks to her IT department ? but believe it or not she thinks its easy to do herself but 6 weeks later to no avail so she still using her Mac which she says has become somewhat sluggish and unresponsive.

Cheers All.

Edited by time2die (Mon 04-Jan-16 19:24:38)

Standard User kevinrduke
(regular) Tue 05-Jan-16 13:22:43
Print Post

Re: Help Outlook on Mac To Windows ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

When I transferred from Windows (outlook) to Mac I setup a new email account set it up as IMAP on the Windows PC and copied all my emails to that account.

I the created the same account on the Mac (Office 2011) and copied the emails I wanted to a local folder.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Jan-16 17:41:25
Print Post

[re: kevinrduke] [link to this post]

Cheers for that advice many thanks.......Think she has been on to her IT department today finally and they are going to talk her through it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Jan-16 21:06:07
Print Post

Still not sorted,even her own IT department couldn't work it out and they managed to transfer some deleted mail folders from about 4 years ago and thats about it.

been looking at a program which you have to pay for,but I'm not sure if this is required for her Mac or the Windows PC she wants the mailboxes to go to.

Was looking at Stellar Mail Converter.

There must be someone who knows how to do this successfully and easily,obviously if a so called technical department has not yet managed it then i doubt she is going to be able to work it out.
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Sat 09-Jan-16 23:50:45
Print Post

What mail application is she using on the Mac? You mention Outlook Express but this is an old Windows program.

If you can let me know the mail application I can likely advise.

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 09-Jan-16 23:53:17
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Outlook Express is available on a Mac too.
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Jan-16 05:15:10
Print Post

Post deleted

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs

Edited by caffn8me (Sun 10-Jan-16 05:16:26)

Standard User TinyMongomery
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 10-Jan-16 07:32:59
Print Post

I'm guessing that this must be a fairly old Mac, as I think Outlook Express only existed for PPC Macs.

Unfortunately, transferring OE mail to another computer is never an easy process. Have a look to see if anything in this (non OS X specific) link helps: http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/transferring-...
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Jan-16 16:13:19
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

No its a Macbook Air actually,its the mail system on a Mac,I thought this was Outlook ?

Edited by time2die (Sun 10-Jan-16 16:13:56)

Standard User TinyMongomery
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 10-Jan-16 16:16:46
Print Post

Ah, that's a different question. Mac Mail is not Outlook in any form.

See if anything in this thread works: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5742015?tstart=0

The very simplest solution to mail problems like this is to use IMAP. That way you can easily synchronize mail between two or more computers.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to