Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User evfrson
(newbie) Mon 25-Jul-16 10:11:54
Print Post

Cannot access telehouse.net on mac but can on windows pc

[link to this post]

Hi,
Bit of a strange problem.
On my iMac running latest version of os x with no additional security software, I am unable to access telehouse.net. I have tried Chrome, Safari & Firefox browsers.
I am, however, able to access telehouse.net on my Windows laptop, on the same internet connection.
If I use a VPN (F-Secure Freedome) on the iMac I CAN access telehouse.net no problem.

Any ideas ?

Presumably there must be something on the telehouse.net website that os x doesn't like and it blocks access. Freedome must be stripping out the information that os x doesn't like and os x then allows access.
Standard User billford
(elder) Mon 25-Jul-16 10:40:52
Print Post

Re: Cannot access telehouse.net on mac but can on windows pc

[re: evfrson] [link to this post]

Works fine for me- OS X 10.11.6 with both Safari and Chromium... have you tried a reboot? Personally, I don't find El Capitan as reliable as Apple's earlier OS's.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User evfrson
(newbie) Mon 25-Jul-16 11:11:00
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I have even tried installing a fresh copy of OS X with no other software installed.
Firewall on/off makes no difference.
The problem must be hardware related then if you can access it.
Strange 🤔

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User evfrson
(newbie) Mon 25-Jul-16 15:57:32
Print Post

Just tried accessing the site on my iPhone from the same connection and that didn't work either. Then I tried using mobile data on the iPhone and I could access the site.
So for some strange reason the problem appears to be apple hardware combined with my BT connection doesn't work but other hardware (in this case a Windows 10 laptop) does work with the same connection.
Standard User evfrson
(newbie) Mon 25-Jul-16 19:12:52
Print Post

Ignore this thread - I am continuing it in the technical discussion/technical issues sub-forum.

Edited by evfrson (Mon 25-Jul-16 19:14:07)

Print Thread

Jump to