Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Thu 01-Dec-16 15:20:46
Print Post

Password Problem

[link to this post]

My partner has an original iPad. Unfortunately she has forgotten her password. Even worse, the email reminder is set to the id she cannort login to. It has never been setup with a Mac so a login reset is not possible. We've been to the Apple Store and they can not (would not) help. Any suggestions? Please PM as this is not something for a public forum.
Standard User billford
(elder) Thu 01-Dec-16 16:39:08
Print Post

Re: Password Problem

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

Try Section 2 from here.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 03-Dec-16 05:50:08
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link Bill. Tried it several times but no luck. I was quite surprised the Apple Store could not (would not) hack into it even though they had proof of ownership. Tried with several of my iMacs/MacBooks Maybe they really are quite secure.

She has now got an early Christmas present as I let her go to the local Apple Store with my credit card. She has now got a 9.7" iPad Pro. I'm actually quite jealous as it makes my 12.9" model look quite monstrous. It just proves that size isn't everything.

Edited by Kaoshan (Sat 03-Dec-16 05:54:02)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User billford
(elder) Sat 03-Dec-16 11:58:28
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kaoshan:
Maybe they really are quite secure.
I suspect they are... after all, they're a lot more nickable than a 27" iMac and if they were (relatively) easy to crack without the password there wouldn't be much point in having a password crazy
... as I let her go to the local Apple Store with my credit card.
Now that's what I call devotion wink

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Dec-16 10:49:08
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
In reply to a post by Kaoshan:
Maybe they really are quite secure.
I suspect they are... after all, they're a lot more nickable than a 27" iMac and if they were (relatively) easy to crack without the password there wouldn't be much point in having a password crazy
... as I let her go to the local Apple Store with my credit card.
Now that's what I call devotion wink
...or temporary insanity laugh

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
  Print Thread

Jump to