Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Tue 03-Jan-17 07:03:42
Print Post

Login Password Problem

[link to this post]

I rebooted my iMac yesterday and it refused to accept my login password even though I was certain it was correct... arghhhhh.

After searching the Apple Support Communities on my MBPro for a solution and finding nothing I decided to try the Command - R option on restart and then use Utility - Terminal - resetpassword even this did not work but I did notice that the information I was typing in was double the length of what I was actually typing... strange.

I now tried my (wired) keyboard on another iMac that did not require a login password only to discover that for every letter I typed the keyboard was 'tagging' it with a spurious 7.

Ordered a new keyboard from Amazon this morning even though I have two Apple Stores within a 10 mile radius and it is coming tomorrow. Even better as a genuine Apple keyboard it is £10 cheaper than Apple and I get free delivery.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Jan-17 13:10:00
Print Post

Re: Login Password Problem

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

H7o7w7 b7i7z7a7r7r7e7 ?7?7?7 grin

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Jan-17 13:20:46
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Seems your spacebar doesn't cause the same issue so could just use that in future wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Tue 03-Jan-17 22:14:16
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

When I was a keyboard engineer in IBM the solution to most stuck keyboard problems was to turn it on it's side and give it a dunt on the desk. Not too hard though or you got a collection of keycaps and springs!

These were real keyboards which made a satisfying click for each keystroke.
  Print Thread

Jump to