Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 20-Oct-18 12:48:40
Print Post

Apple Trade-in

[link to this post]

Apple's trade-in policy is rather good!

I rather fancied a new Series 4 watch, ordered one for pick-up and went to my local Apple store to collect. I happened to be wearing my Series 3 watch (bought when they first came out) which was spotted by the customer service guy who asked if I would like to trade it in? OK I said how much? He looked at the watch, removed the strap and said £150. Deal I said!

He knew from our conversation that I have umpteen Apple products and asked if I would consider other trade-ins? I have 3 iMacs and would maybe consider one of them. I need them because they are all at different software levels to support legacy apps. I have a similar problem with iPads, again because many legacy apps are no longer supported under the latest levels of IOS.

Going to have to give this some serious thought.
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Oct-18 16:55:56
Print Post

Re: Apple Trade-in

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

That's quite a bit below the sold prices for Apple series 3 watches on a well known online auction site but it does remove any risk from the equation and is more convenient.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Oct-18 19:00:40
Print Post

Re: Apple Trade-in

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

Yep, have been considering it too, have a 6 year old iMac , but having recently moved have nowhere to leave it permanently set up. Am thinking a MBP is the way forward ..

Using this scheme does save a lot of grief, and as I have always had top notch service from the Apple store, I reckon thatíll be the way for me to go.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to