User comments on ISPs
  >> Merula Limited

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Golfing
(learned) Sat 07-Jan-12 16:13:16
Print Post

Merula - RUBBISH SPEEDS Yet Again!!

[link to this post]

Getting completely and utterly fed-up with the POOR service supplied (or NOT supplied as is the case) by Merula.

Cannot believe that as a result of using Merula i have gone back to the same speeds (or maybe even slower) than the old DIAL-UP DAYS!

1/7/2012 4:07 PM GMT 0.28 Mb/s 0.11 Mb/s 2648 ms Leeds ~ 50 mi Image
1/7/2012 3:54 PM GMT 0.29 Mb/s 0.15 Mb/s 2764 ms Coventry ~ 50 mi Image
1/7/2012 3:52 PM GMT 0.19 Mb/s 0.10 Mb/s 2851 ms Coventry ~ 50 mi Image
1/7/2012 3:29 PM GMT 0.18 Mb/s 0.09 Mb/s 1048 ms Coventry ~ 50 mi Image

On Friday, Ashly could not even be bothered to call me back as was promised thus leaving me with a weekend of fun & games with speeds slower than Dial-up!

Requested Mac code, not going to carry on paying nearly £42 per MONTH for such a DREADFUL level of service!
ISP Representative merula
(isp) Wed 11-Jan-12 01:03:47
Print Post

Re: Merula - RUBBISH SPEEDS Yet Again!!

[re: Golfing] [link to this post]

Merula currently has no bottlenecks on our own broadband network. We have seen some cases of congestion within BT however it appears that this is not the case here.

The speed reports you have provided all tie up with times when your line appears to be saturated with traffic on the upstream side of your line. We have no knowledge of what this traffic is however we can see that it relates to your line causing packet loss and slow traffic.

In addition I can see from the call logs and recordings that a number of attempts were made to contact you and voicemail messages were left on your phone. If you wish to have a MAC code this is of course your choice, however we are also happy to help investigate the cause of these issues should you wish to do this.

I hope this helps
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Golfing
(learned) Sat 14-Jan-12 10:20:26
Print Post

[re: merula] [link to this post]

ONly one call was made on the Friday (the missed call one) Yes, you called me several times on Monday but not after i experienced a weeked of dire speeds.

Now finding my speeds never go above 4.5Mbps

And average out around 2.5Mbps Not good enough when one is paying £42 per month

Maybe time i signed up with Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User scragglymonk
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jun-12 09:27:44
Print Post

[re: Golfing] [link to this post]

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2020750347.png

the comment about the upstream traffic suggests that it is time for the OP to change his router password from something simple to something very long, make sure the wireless password is also changed

simple speak - someone else is maxxing out your connection, giving you poor speeds

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula MaxADSL
http://www.speedtest.net/result/400698774.png
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Dec-15 19:21:48
Print Post

[re: scragglymonk] [link to this post]

had [censored] speeds this evening, rebooted the router, still [censored],

hard power off and back to normal speeds smile

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(learned) Wed 07-Sep-16 08:54:36
Print Post

[re: scragglymonk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by scragglymonk:
had [censored] speeds this evening, rebooted the router, still [censored],

hard power off and back to normal speeds smile

This is an old thread but even so, that's a router problem and you should get a replacement. 3 years is a good lifespan of a router.
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Sep-16 10:03:14
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I best throw out my 11 year old Draytek, that's still working perfectly fine then.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
Standard User 23Prince
(regular) Mon 12-Sep-16 19:25:38
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by aquiss:
I best throw out my 11 year old Draytek, that's still working perfectly fine then.

You've just thrown away 3 signups with your attitude, so why not..
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 13-Sep-16 09:41:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:

Actually I think it's you thats got an attitude. You pick up on a really old thread, weigh in with a stupid comment about router age, then take umbridge at a tongue in cheek reply Aquiss gave you and give a stupid statistic and snotty reply back.

I have two routers here both over 5 years old and working brilliantly - infact one (Cheap TP link) is far better then the two newer ones my last ISP gave me.

One of the places I do work has a Netgear(Linksys? can't remember now) router that is at least 7 years old, runs two (large, popular commercial) websites and manages the workload of 7 people as well.
Most people do not change routers unless they change ISPs or are forced to change. The only real reasons to change is if new standards (especially wi-fi, but even then you need a new laptop or similar to take advantage of it) arrive, or, it fries.

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User 23Prince
(regular) Tue 13-Sep-16 20:38:11
Print Post

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukwoody:

Actually I think it's you thats got an attitude.

wow, is he your husband or something? You sure act you have a rockon for the man!

I'm also the one with £200 a month out of 3 signups he's not having, so whatever you say, I win there.

Goodbye.
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 13-Sep-16 20:48:25
Print Post

...and I should imagine some wouldnt want you as a customer with that attitude.
Aquiss (whom I have never dealt with) is a long time member with a generally very good standing on here, always trying to help poeple - even those who arent with him. And you comr along and slate him. Perhaps you're a competitor??

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Nov-16 21:40:35
Print Post

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

fck me, maybe make a new thread ?

Looks like my router got changed and works fine

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5806731442.png

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula FTTC
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Feb-17 14:28:06
Print Post

You were never signing up there anyways

maybe stop playing pretend on the internet

cheers.

AAISP FTTC - 80/20 *TP-Link W9980*
Three - 4G *Huawei Honor 8*
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 05-Feb-17 16:18:01
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
You were never signing up there anyways

maybe stop playing pretend on the internet

cheers.

I'm glad you know what I am and I am not doing, I have a 13 day old order which says otherwise.

You have a good day smile

Edit. I meant to put 13

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 05-Feb-17 17:02:12)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Feb-17 20:16:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by ukwoody:
... nested quotes trimmed ...

Actually I think it's you thats got an attitude.

wow, is he your husband or something? You sure act you have a rockon for the man!

I'm also the one with £200 a month out of 3 signups he's not having, so whatever you say, I win there.

Goodbye.
Entanet who supply data transit, and may also play a significant part of the prices that Aquiss charge for unlimited 80/20 FTTC, i do wonder if (is it still a 12mth contract for migrating fttc customers for same product and address,who also have had active vdsl2 service for 12mths or more?)

IMO their Entanet networking is the weakest link, their(entanet support) are as nearly bad as BT to deal with, they are too quick to dismiss issues, and some are script monkeys with little knowledge ( from personal experience )

example a 100ms +ICMP response is normal to a server located on the uk mainland,Maybe it is if your connection is crippled by severe interleaving,(mine was on fast path ) back in the days of BE/o2 wholesale ADSL

That was my personal experience (albeit a very short one) as a customer of another visp who uses them, though it may be down to what grade of service the Visp has with the likes of Enternet,they may have different tiers/priority ??

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 05-Feb-17 20:33:07)

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sat 11-Feb-17 17:40:24
Print Post

Re: Merula - RUBBISH SPEEDS Yet Again!! *DELETED*

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 17-Feb-17 11:27:52
Print Post

Re: Merula - RUBBISH SPEEDS Yet Again!! *DELETED*

Inciting violence after a number of posts that seemed destined to only escalate into a sea of arguments rather than amicable debate leads to only thing....

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to