User comments on ISPs
  >> Merula Limited

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MichelinMan
(newbie) Fri 30-Mar-12 23:46:11
Print Post

Poor speeds - poor support

[link to this post]

I moved to Merula back in November last year and after the first couple of months started to get very random download speeds ranging from <1Mbs upto the mid 20's, although mainly in the 1 - 10 range. Although my upload speeds remain static around the 1.69 range.
For weeks now Merula have been "looking" at the problem and have arranged 2 BT visits both to no avail.
now everytime I ring I get the same excuse either somebody is looking at the issue or my line capacity is being increased, I need to provide more screen shots of the poor results via the BTSpeedTester site or somebody will call me back which never happens. Its getting a joke
Anybody able to help advise where I go from here or offer any advise as to what the problem may be.

Many thanks.
Standard User jwh
(regular) Sun 01-Apr-12 15:22:17
Print Post

Re: Poor speeds - poor support

[re: MichelinMan] [link to this post]

I am sorry you are having problems that have not been resolved. I don't know how far everything has been looked at from your setup/BT/Merula routing, but from what you say Merula have certainly put in some effort to find the problem.. Having said that it not acceptable for them not call back when promised, unless you missed a call.

All I can say that I have been a home Merula customer for approaching 10 years and they have always strived to sort problems out. There have been a very few times where this has taken longer than I would have wanted, but they have always sorted things in the end. Generally any problems have been sorted immediately and the reason I stay with them is because of the excellent service i've had.

I would email support again with your concerns and say you want an answer ASAP or else!

IME, assuming proven micro filters and different routers this sort of problem is a line problem despite the BT checks. AFAIK, Merula are not limited on capacity. I have been involved with several similar caes and despite NFF reports, the fact a BT bloke has remade connections has often solved the poblem for good.

I do hope you get things sorted, it is so [censored] frustrating. I am sure Merula will respond if you try again.

Good luck!

John

John
Standard User houseparty
(member) Tue 03-Apr-12 21:44:37
Print Post

[re: jwh] [link to this post]

hi

very poor speeds here tonight, upload and download speed is almost the same, i dont normally have this though to be fair.

houseparty

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jwh
(regular) Thu 05-Apr-12 20:42:35
Print Post

[re: houseparty] [link to this post]

If it continues, you must complain to Merula ASAP.

John

John
Standard User djtphotographer
(newbie) Thu 12-Apr-12 22:46:45
Print Post

[re: MichelinMan] [link to this post]

Being honest I've had a few issues along the way but I've always found Merulas support very friendly, helpful and comparable if not better to the support offered by other ISPs I've used before them, believe me I've used them all, Virgin, BT the list goes on! I'm a photographer and need a good connection as I need to upload hefty files for clients to proof so that why I moved to Merula from a recommendation!

Virgin for example was very unreliable and when ever i rang their support, always the first problem is struggling to even understand the person I was speaking to let alone anything else. Then one time when I mentioned what I was using their service for and in their eyes made me a business user "so shouldn't be using their home service", asked me to leave as I wasn't prepared to switch to their higher priced business service even though my usage was lower than their average user!!!!

In general compared to the other ISPs I've used Merula have by far been so far the most consistent in service and support! Yes, at times the speeds can slow down particularly peak times and school holidays, which you kind of get used to at certain times of the day so I alter when I upload around this.

So all I can finally add is I'm more than happy with the service I have been provided by Merula, both in service and support when I've needed it! smile
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 12-Apr-12 23:16:18
Print Post

[re: djtphotographer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by djtphotographer:
Yes, at times the speeds can slow down particularly peak times and school holidays
Sounds great crazy

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User scragglymonk
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jun-12 09:25:34
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Used to get variable speeds, but then went onto the LLU which was great, then as it is O2 / Be, they started having drop outs and not bothering to let merula know about it

got sent a new modem, BT came round yesterday and upgraded the line

initially only 2 mb up, but they suggested downloading and uploading a lot, so did that and just got this resultsmile

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2020750347.png

Never hurts to actually call them, I get honest advice and no suggestion that they are script monkeys like eclipse or bt )

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula MaxADSL
http://www.speedtest.net/result/400698774.png
  Print Thread

Jump to