Technical Discussion
  >> Handheld and Mobile Computing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mhb
(member) Mon 25-Jul-11 06:53:47
Print Post

Bluetooth GPS connection

[link to this post]

Has anyone out there ever managed to use any bluetooth GPS unit with an Amoi WMA8507 mobile phone (marketed by Orange as a Berlin handset)? If so I would be grateful to know the details.
Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 25-Jul-11 08:13:01
Print Post

Re: Bluetooth GPS connection

[re: mhb] [link to this post]

In what sense? What is going wrong? What software on the phone is trying to use the GPS data (usually just a stream of text messages once every second or so)?
Standard User mhb
(member) Mon 25-Jul-11 10:42:52
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

Although I can get either of the 2 BT GPS recievers I own to pair successfully with the mobile phone and detect the service on the GPS device (Serial Port), when I select to connect I get an error message on the handset saying "No service available, please refresh the device service and try it". I do know that both of my BT GPS receivers work ok from using with a test program on a PC and also that the handset successfully links to other BT devices such as my handsfee set and my PDA.

In case connection is only possible through an app working on the handset I have installed and run GpsMid (http://gpsmid.sourceforge.net/) but this fails even to discover the handset.

In case the problem is compatibility of my particular BT GPS receivers with the handset, I am looking to find out if anyone has successfully used any receiver with this particular handset and if so which one.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 25-Jul-11 11:47:07
Print Post

[re: mhb] [link to this post]

I remember having problems with a Palm Treo, something to do with associating the bluetooth stream with a particular virtual serial tty port.
  Print Thread

Jump to