Technical Discussion
  >> Handheld and Mobile Computing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sun 04-Mar-12 14:40:16
Print Post

How to resolve this D/L issues for my Andriod Tablet please

[link to this post]

I have an unbranded Tablet installed with Andriod 2.1 OS and been installing with my selected Apps alright for the past few months. It has been connecting to my broadband wirelessly and perfectly O.K for the past few months. But recently it always fails, prompting that " *** App" downloaded unsuccessfully" whenever I was trying to Update or installing new Apps from the Andriod Market, i.e. the Market ICON installed at my above Tablet's desktop. However I can UNINSTALL my Apps from my tablet perfectly O.K without any problem. I have even tried logging into my Google's account, thinking that it might have the cause without logging-in first, with the same problem. So what may be the "root-cause" of this issue??

P.S: Some times it even prompts that the "Security Certificates of certain Sites do not match the certificates given etc.".

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 05-Mar-12 19:25:40
Print Post

Re: How to resolve this D/L issues for my Andriod Tablet ple

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

Care to name an app in the marketplace, so others can see if there are similar issues?

Certificates not matching causes all sorts of problems on not just android, but I think with Android you can self certificate to a lower level of security, and at a guess its that causing the problem,i.e. people not signing right.

Either that or marketplace is targetting newer OS versions now.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ribbotson
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 18:05:24
Print Post

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

I had a similar problem recently. The Android tablet simply refused to download any apps. It turned out to be corruption in the tablet’s user account. Try removing your account from the tablet: Settings; Accounts & sync; Manage account – then remove account. Close down then restart the tablet. When restarting the tablet should ask for your Google account, re-enter it exactly as you originally did. And hey presto, the tablet once again allows you to download apps. It worked for me on an Android 2.3 tablet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Wed 07-Mar-12 20:45:34
Print Post

[re: ribbotson] [link to this post]

Yeah! You're right that my Account has been corrupted! However what really happened in my case is a bit painful too. Initially my tablet could not let me to remove my account because it was complaining that some of my Apps requiring my Account and would'nt let me to simply delete it. It suggested that I should "restore back to default mode" instead by going into "Privacy" and started from there. I did that and managed to remove my corrupted account, but I lost ALL my Apps previously installed. That is WHY I called it painful in my case because I have to re-install some Apps which I liked. Any way my problem is solved now and many thanks to have suggested that!!!
Thank you, Mr Saffron, too!!
Cheers

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband!

Edited by OCdragon (Wed 07-Mar-12 20:47:47)

Print Thread

Jump to