Technical Discussion
  >> Handheld and Mobile Computing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Thu 15-Nov-12 13:00:14
Print Post

LG Nexus 4 phone

[link to this post]

Has anybody managed to get hold of the new Nexus 4 phone? If so please give your first impressions. It would seem that it has been sold out!! or is this a gimmick
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Nov-12 15:40:33
Print Post

Re: LG Nexus 4 phone

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Sold Out and on 3 week back order and i missed my phone due to my suck eggs bank flagging up the transaction as a security risk and costing me half an hour of my life and missing out on the nexus 4 .

There is nothing that comes close to the VFM that google are offering with the nexus 4 and supplie will be a problem to start with as google site sold out in minutes .
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Nov-12 19:29:49
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

To be fair, your bank was right. Anything Android based is a massive security risk.

O2 Standard (8Mbps LLU)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Nov-12 21:22:25
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gomezz:
To be fair, your bank was right. Anything Android based is a massive security risk.
that is a over generalisation of the situation and wrong , all electronic transactions carry a risk even on closed systems like blackberry and iphone and even Xbox or ( as we well know ) PSN , as most successful exploits now involve a lot of social engineering nobody is safe on whatever system they use for the transaction .

As it is i only use my linux box for electronic transactions which is a lot more secure than the equivalent windows box , not completely secure but a lot more secure than any mass market electronic device for the simple reason , not a lot of home linux boxes means very slim picking if you went after them as a hacker " .

Rogue apps have been a problem on android but not for long as the community is self policing and its very easy to spot a rogue app and even easier to load up one of the many free security apps .

As already said , a lot of hacks use social side of things and go looking for the naive and gullible , that as said , are at risk no matter how they do their E shopping but i will concede if you are the aforementioned a closed system would be safer .
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Nov-12 22:02:07
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Whoosh! laugh

O2 Standard (8Mbps LLU)
  Print Thread

Jump to