Technical Discussion
  >> Handheld and Mobile Computing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Wed 21-Nov-12 15:47:46
Print Post

Nexus 4 phone available at carphonewarehouse

[link to this post]

I was shocked to see that Nexus 4 phone is available at carphonewarehouse at £ 389 sim free. But it is marked as " sold out" at Google play.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 28-Nov-12 08:25:57
Print Post

Re: Nexus 4 phone available at carphonewarehouse

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

I should be finally getting my hands on a nexus 4 today but that is a backorder from Google play , thing is , do I keep it or do I cash in and put it on eBay ?

Not sure how any retailers have stock as they are like rocking horse poo at the moment
Standard User samulam
(committed) Wed 28-Nov-12 11:44:06
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

It just shows where Google priorities are. They supply few phones to Google play in order to create a scarcity and panic among would be buyers. At the same time they supply the retailers with plenty of stock who charge the consumers with premium. Personally, I think LG Optimus 4x is a better option. It has a replaceable battery and additional memory micro sd card up to 64 gig. The rest of the spec seems identical except the android version.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 28-Nov-12 12:15:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by samulam:
It just shows where Google priorities are. They supply few phones to Google play in order to create a scarcity and panic among would be buyers.
Learning form the Apple model. smile
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Dec-12 15:56:50
Print Post

Even though it is based on the LG Optimus 4x , sharing allot , the price can not be compared . there really is nothing that comes close to the Nexus 4 as in what you get for your money .

If you want a replaceable battery and expandable memory your going to have to pay for it .
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Dec-12 16:03:02
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

No doubt about that but the lack of stock has just made me a very nice profit and just before Christmas .

Can't even tell you what the phone was like as I sold it sealed in its box ' guess I will have to wait for my second one , probably in the new year .
  Print Thread

Jump to