Technical Discussion
  >> Handheld and Mobile Computing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Wed 05-Jun-13 22:44:42
Print Post

Lets be clear at 800

[link to this post]

People,

If your TV reception suddenly goes screwy then feel free to check where these muppets might be doing tests. Feel even more free if you notice obviously temporary antennas and boxes on poles marked "G4 Mesh" appearing on traffic lights and the like locally. Today, I finally received a card from them advising me of tests they were about to start and offering a free filter, but if you check their website you will find these tests actually started 2 months ago, and I can say with certainty that they have for me and my neighbours intermittently completely knocked out TV reception of various channels (BBC 1, 4 and News 24 have been particularly affected). Me thinks from their recent press releases that they are in complete denial about the extent of the problem and the sudden arrival of the card is at least an acknowledement of it. I did complain 2 months ago after hunting them down as the most likely cause. They deigned not to reply to emails and despite their own website flatly denied they were even testing in my area when called.

Des

Sky Broadband, Wired, Wireless, VoIP, 1 Mac, 2. Hackintoshes, 1 PC, 2 HTPCs, iPhone, iPad, OS X, Windows 7, Hate and 8 rhyming is not an accident!

Rehab is for quitters
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Jun-13 00:03:05
Print Post

Re: Lets be clear at 800

[re: Desmond] [link to this post]

Website looks like a complete joke, after reading it for 5 minutes I still don't know what the hell it is talking about.

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Thu 06-Jun-13 02:24:37
Print Post

So folk can get an idea of where they are about:

https://at800.tv/newsroom/

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

I've forgotten more about broadband than I care to remember.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Thu 06-Jun-13 07:03:24
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

I know what they are about and they are lying incompetent muppets.

Des

Sky Broadband, Wired, Wireless, VoIP, 1 Mac, 2. Hackintoshes, 1 PC, 2 HTPCs, iPhone, iPad, OS X, Windows 7, Hate and 8 rhyming is not an accident!

Rehab is for quitters
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Jun-13 08:07:49
Print Post

So when did the masts start appearring in your area?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to