Technical Discussion
  >> Handheld and Mobile Computing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Dec-13 13:05:26
Print Post

Anyone suggest a free Mobile App for pictures .

[link to this post]

Currently my network EE charges about 0.35p if i remember correctly to send picture messages which quite frankly is ridiculous .

So i am looking for a App that lets you do this for free without the need to have to go of to web link to view it such as SendSpace which to me seems confusing as i want this also for my Mother who uses a pay as you go service.

Like it to be quick and simple to use without the need for constant login/passwords/website url and all the other stuff.

Basically want to take a picture and send it to a family/friend as easy as it is in the conventional way but as a free service.

App needs to be on both the Apple and Android Google play store and i am not bothered if it is a payed App as long as it works and does what it says it does and is easy to use.

Cheers.wink

Edited by time2die (Tue 03-Dec-13 13:06:23)

Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Dec-13 20:59:52
Print Post

Re: Anyone suggest a free Mobile App for pictures .

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Look for WhatsApp. Free app (or was) on iPhone & Android. Free picture/video/text messaging.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 04-Dec-13 00:45:45
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

Cheers will check it out in the morning.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User shinerweb
(newbie) Wed 04-Dec-13 07:55:34
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Basically want to take a picture and send it to a family/friend as easy as it is in the conventional way but as a free service.

App needs to be on both the Apple and Android Google play store and i am not bothered if it is a payed App as long as it works and does what it says it does and is easy to use.

If both ends use Apple or Android, rather than sending an MMS (Multimedia Message) which most providers do charge for if you don't have an allowance, why not send them as regular email attachments?

The suggestion of WhatsApp is a good one as that does work well as a SMS/MMS replacement, but I personally prefer the email method for a number of reasons I won't go into here.

Both email / WhatsApp basically require a similar if not the same number of steps to complete the process. i.e. if in camera or gallery viewing mode, select picture, select share, choose sharing app, select recipient, send.

One advantage of using the email method is when the other recipients log in via their computer, they should have access to any pictures sent via email their too. Using MMS or even WhatsApp or similar tools would require exporting any photo's from the phone to the PC, or backing up / synchronisation of the phone to the PC etc and just complicates the process (especially when parents are involved in the process wink )

Regards

Chris

Print Thread

Jump to