Technical Discussion
  >> Handheld and Mobile Computing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Nov-14 17:16:20
Print Post

Android Lollipop 5.0

[link to this post]

Just updated my Samsung S4 firmware to this Lollipop 5.0 and it hasn't changed the look or the features of my phone and it looks and behaves exactly the same.

Looked on YouTube and this Lollipop was packed with features so I'm not sure what going on here ,am I supposed to activate it or what ?.

Very strange....
Standard User samulam
(committed) Wed 05-Nov-14 17:53:52
Print Post

Re: Android Lollipop 5.0

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Hi, presumably the version shows as 5 on settings. Well my phone is Nexus 4. However I am not sure if I will get the upgrade!
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Nov-14 18:00:06
Print Post

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Good point....Just looked and it says 4.4.2.....completly in the dark,done another update and it says I have the latest version,yet when I looked earlier it prompted me to update .... confused.com

Just checked on the web and this 5.0 Lollipop isn't available yet on a lot of Android devices ,they are rolling it out today for Nexus 9 ,then 7 ,then 4 apparently mad so it looks like I just slightly updated my phone to Kit Kat as that was probably the prompt for update ,didn't notice what version it was updating to .

Edited by time2die (Wed 05-Nov-14 18:06:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Nov-14 08:35:19
Print Post

It's the nexus 5 that it is rolling out to after the 9 and 7 rather than the 4. Don't think they've officially announced rollout to the nexus 4.
Standard User spadge007
(newbie) Thu 06-Nov-14 10:07:08
Print Post

Galaxy S4 is still within Samsung's 18m support period and is getting the Lollipop update. Don't expect it to be anytime soon though.

http://androidcommunity.com/sources-samsung-galaxy-s...
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Thu 06-Nov-14 12:23:46
Print Post

I have the same phone as yours and it is indeed the KitKat update. smile I think Samsung has said it should be available to our phone after Xmas.

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
  Print Thread

Jump to