Technical Discussion
  >> Handheld and Mobile Computing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Sep-15 17:04:41
Print Post

Wow! ID mobile on 3 Network *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Tue 06-Oct-15 11:16:01
Print Post

Re: Wow! ID mobile on 3 Network

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

Wrong forum for your Spam :/

3 have gone to [censored] over the past few years. I will be glad to leave them and go to EE who spank them constantly.

Also " the most 4G than any other network for the cost"?

Risky ASA ground there - A google search shows 2 that offer more for the same/less
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Oct-15 11:25:02
Print Post

Re: Wow! ID mobile on 3 Network *DELETED*

Deleted as appears to be spam with probable affiliate link in the post

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Oct-15 11:32:14
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
A google search shows 2 that offer more for the same/less
Where I am interested? 1 month contract, 4G network, 250 minutes/ 5000 texts/ 1GB Data £7.50 per month.

I don't post spam, I post to inform users of genuine money saving offers.

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest
Bright Box 1 ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by EE/Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Oct-15 12:32:26
Print Post

Not a bad offer, shame they use 3's super-congested network!

Then again with offers like this, I can understand!
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Oct-15 17:17:56
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Not a bad offer, shame they use 3's super-congested network!
3's super-congested network! I've had no problems as yet, but I only put the iD SIM in my new Microsoft Lumia 640 mobile on Monday, paid £129.95 for the phone SIM Free. Cry your eyes out Apple £600 for an iPhone. crazy

Info about iD mobile by trusted reviews
The UK's pool of mobile network operators seems to be shrinking all the time. With EE rolling together Orange and TMobile in recent years, and Three set to subsume O2 and BT to takeover EE, we'll soon have just three main networks to choose from.
Needless to say, less choice in such situations is generally bad for consumers.
Fighting against this uniformity, there are a number of Mobile Virtual Network Operator offerings, of which Carphone Warehouse's iD is the latest.

EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps unlimited. Sync 15282 kbps Downstream, 1276 kbps Upstream. thinkbroadband/SpeedTest

Edited by E7er (Wed 07-Oct-15 23:05:02)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Oct-15 23:05:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by E7er:
3's super-congested network! I've had no problems as yet, but I only put the iD SIM in my new Microsoft Lumia 640 paid £129.95 SIM Free. Cry your eyes out Apple £600. crazy

Last time i heard any statement like that someone was trying to sell me something, never the less, you may not see any issues right now, but in (my) testing 3 have come out at the bottom alongside O2... Ha! maybe O2 and 3 are destined to be "The Biggest and Slowest" laugh

Will be an interesting time ahead if/when 3 & O2 merge there user base together, there will be so much fighting over bandwidth between 3's AYCE customers and all the various cheap resellers of 3 and specially O2...

Sorry for my negativity, but just calling it the way I see it!

PS. I suppose your £130 windows phone works effortlessly with other Apple Devices, I assume you can send texts and make calls from your windows computer when it is in range of your wireless network (and soon remote too for customers of Wi-Fi calling), I don't think I need to go on but making statement about an entry-level £130 smartphone vs. a premium device is pointless, i ned not go on smile
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Fri 09-Oct-15 22:09:08
Print Post

I went from 3 to EE and EE make 3's network look like ADSL compared to Fibre!

No thanks I won't be back.

And those prices won't last for long. even 3 did the same amount of stuff for £6.90 a month on a 30 day contract and that was removed so if they can't make a profit on their own network no way an MVNO would be able to.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Oct-15 22:18:39
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
I went from 3 to EE and EE make 3's network look like ADSL compared to Fibre!

No thanks I won't be back.
What problems did you have with Three mobile network to make you feel so dissatisfied with them, as other customer's seem to be very pleased with the Three network. confused

Every quarter YouGov asks smartphone users to rate their network for reliability - and the great news is Three has come out on top on the past five occasions.

http://www.three.co.uk/discover/Awards/YouGov_most_r...

Edited by E7er (Mon 12-Oct-15 22:38:40)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Oct-15 01:07:36
Print Post

How come I always here about the pse various surveys asking people about there services and satisfaction but have never been asked to take place!
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Dec-15 20:45:41
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
PS. I suppose your £130 windows phone works effortlessly with other Apple Devices, I assume you can send texts and make calls from your windows computer when it is in range of your wireless network (and soon remote too for customers of Wi-Fi calling), I don't think I need to go on but making statement about an entry-level £130 smartphone vs. a premium device is pointless, i ned not go on smile
Hey! Itís funny how you should compare the Lumia 640 with the iPhone as reviewers have done the same and they are impressed with the comparisons of the budget priced Lumia 640 mobile phone with the premium priced iPhone. I'm also very impressed with the Lumia 640 4 days battery life against my iPhone 3GS mobile 1½ dayís battery life, which sorry makes it not much used these days now, as I prefer the Microsoft Lumia 640 mobile phone.

Microsoft Lumia 640 vs iPhone 5S! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj6J5cGTa1E

Unboxing Lumia 640 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trK0hVLlJ5U

Windows 10 Mobile on Lumia 640 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fppPak-4zak

Edited by E7er (Mon 07-Dec-15 20:56:18)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to