General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User radiomarko
(committed) Mon 21-Jul-08 13:25:34
Print Post

Re: Three Mobile Broadband

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

"......3 but it seems their coverage charts aren't worth a candle."

I'll second that, I went to Irish Republic, wherever the map said green green green the real result = nada, nothing, not a dB.

-.-. --.-
BT BB 8128 Kbps/448 Kbps, Noise Margin 21.3 dB. Online since 1987, now with Macintosh OS X Tiger, Leopard and Ubuntu. Voyager 2500v/HH, BT FON, Vision, VoIP.
Advanced Radio Amateur Licence and an anorak.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 22-Jul-08 19:45:48
Print Post

Re: Three Mobile Broadband ripped me off

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

This new mobile broadband offer from PC world looks great i say to myself as im shopping in PC world this thur, but whats the catch free laptop with mobile broad band with 5gig download limit sounds to good to be true.

So i ask a member of staff for some information, It all seems straight forward and fair and still a good offer (The main point to consider is the staff member explained to me that internet browsing was free 24 hours a day just like home broadband, and that there was a lengthy cancellation period).

It was late and i was impressed so i decided to sign up there but it being PC world none of the laptops on display that i wanted was in stock. So i shopped around the next day and found PC world with 3 was best offer, so i went back signed up and was told again that surfing was unlimited i also convinced a friend of the offer (Sorry Phil) and he signed being told the same thing about web browsing.

I got home that night and was pleased a punch with service. The laptop was great (Compaq) and the internet was exceptional (much better than expected i thought it would be patchy) with good speeds reaching 130Kbs on one download not bad considering. Although when i looked i was supplied that no information on price plans, cancellation terms and most unbelievable they didn't include me with my copy of the contract.

All was good until Mon 48 hours after activation and i get a message from 3 stating i had used up all my internet allowances. What the hell i think that can't be possible, i had only downloaded about 2.5gig of data i should still have 2.5gig left. So i removed the dongle modem and contacted 3 for an explanation.

In all fairness to 3 they got back to me very quickly although it was not helpful. The individual was friendly enough (although hard to understand (why use people with strong accents its such a struggle to communicate but i diverge thats another more complicated topic)) and helpfully informed me that not only web browsing but simply being connected to the internet taken from your usage. I couldn't believe it three members of staff had lied about the service, this i explained but the 3 contact simply said they were wrong and offered no solution. Then i asked how the hell i had used 2.5gig even if i was connected and viewing web pages for 48 hours straight i wouldn't use up that amount, He simply replied i had used a large amount, i asked on what to which he said i should register with 3 and they will display all information on the website.

I went back on the internet to register with three and had another message from them stating i now owed 10.35 (had no supplied information on how to register and nothing clear on the site). How is that even possible i had the modem in the box and the laptop closed down and only 2 hours had passed. I was fumming mad and contacted 3 again (but i have always been polite and reasonable during all communications)

I explained all the above and was offered no explanation or solution. I stated i was happy with the internet service and would be happy to continue the contract if we could start from fresh with me being in full possession of the information on the service and an explanation on my internet usage (not unreasonable i thought), this option was completely ignored and i was told it couldn't be done (im sure they could if they cared). So i explained i was still in my cooling of period and i want to cancel. I was them informed that they couldn't cancel my contract i would have to contact PC world, I was suspicious as the contract was with 3 but 3 explained that PC world had miss sold me the agreement and the fault was with them.

So after that phone call i go to the PC world were i bought the service and again explained the above (To three different members of staff before i got the line manager). I explained how it was miss advertised and the lack of supplied information. Well guess what surprise surprise they refused to take it back completely ignoring and discounting the lies that were told to sell the contract. I was told that the contract was with 3 and had nothing to do with them they were just the agents, i was only informed that there was only a three day cancellation period again after being told by PC world that i had a fortnight (Arrrrrrrrg !!)

I was really beginning to lose my ragg and i asked if "3 says your responsible and you say they are what the hell am i supposed to do" and the manager simply repeated that i will have to contact 3. So i asked if he could contacted them for me to sort it out to which he replied that he couldn't (I could of punched him), if your acting as 3 agents why would you not be able to communicate with them , your acting as a middle man it is your job to communicate between customer and provider. This he simply choose to ignore and reiterate that he couldn't contact 3 (Lies, lies, lies (They didn't even offer to supply me with my contract what a dick)).

So i have contacted 3 for a third time and guess what they are saying to go to the dealers that they cant cancel my contract or help in any way. all they these people do is pass the problem off to another department.

I will get back with the results but don't hold your breath and don't shop at PC world or trust what the staff says its just lies. Three has terrible service.

If anyone has a solution or if PC world or 3 get some ethics please reply
Standard User PeteK
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Jul-08 20:56:09
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

PC World mis-sold you this product and blatently lied, if what you state is true (which I am not questioning) therefore they have breached the sale of goods act and you are entitled to a full refund. You need to return all the kit to them and demand a refund for being mis-sold these products. If they refuse you need to document this and take details of whom is refusing to refund you, after making your way to their management.
It is then time for group customer services (if such a thing exists) and tackling them, documenting on the way. You must not use any of the kit anymore as you are recejting it all as being mis-sold. If they are worth their salt, either the store mgr or group should have acted by now.
I presume on a deal of this size you paid by card, and I am hoping it was a credit card as this makes the card issuer jointly liable. If you are not making swift progress with Dixons group, take it up with the card issuer, and if it were me, I would be advising them of my actions in any case. Card issuers generally are pretty co-operative, but the issuer is only jointly liable if it was a Credit card. Debit and charge cards do not count (although if it was an Amex charge card, they are also pretty helpful).

Keep us up to date, but take care not to reveal any real details as this may impinge on a small claims court case, which you might end up proceeding to.

Peter Knapp, Director. www.ccsleeds.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------------
For all your Broadband / DSL, MLPPP Bonded, Leased Lines
and Web Hosting needs why not pop over to CCS Leeds Ltd
----------------------------------------------------------

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ceedee
(committed) Wed 23-Jul-08 10:22:15
Print Post

[re: PeteK] [link to this post]

I'd support all of Peter's excellent advice and suggest you also contact the local trading standards department of your local council.
They'll be interested to hear that a major retailer is mis-selling contracts and (probably more importantly to them) then refusing their rightful responsibilities after the sale. They may even be willing to join you for a second meeting at the shop.

If there's anywhere online you could post your account (get a Blogger / LiveJournal account?) of how your dispute develops, I'd be willing to help publicise it -- and it might get picked up by Dixon's and ThreeUK's PR departments.

Good luck!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 23-Jul-08 13:44:20
Print Post

[re: ceedee] [link to this post]

Thanks for all the excellent advice its much appreciated. I have contacted trading standards, local paper as well as PC worlds ands 3s customer service departments with the same story. I will also be going back to PC world today and will ask and document names.

I am a bit of a internet community noob this is the first forum iv ever posted on, (normally someone has already posted a similar problem) but i have also created a blog on myspace don't know what a live journal is sorry.

will get back thanks
Standard User ceedee
(committed) Wed 23-Jul-08 14:19:37
Print Post

Good to hear that you're getting things moving!
In reply to:

I am a bit of a internet community noob this is the first forum iv ever posted on, (normally someone has already posted a similar problem) but i have also created a blog on myspace don't know what a live journal is sorry.

LiveJournal offers very easy to use blogs, much like MySpace but aimed more at journal posts (or diary entries) rather than befriending contacts and comparing preferences.
(To give you an idea of what it's like, have a quick look at my rarely-used livejournal page.)

Post a link to your myspace page here and I'll try to raise some publicity?

Standard User kwikbreaks
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Jul-08 14:29:58
Print Post

I know where the confusion over cancellation period came in at least.

With 3 if you buy their mobile internet over the phone or on the web you get a 14 day period during which you can cancel so long as you have not connected for more than 3 days consecutively during that 14 days. If you buy from a shop they only give you 3 days.

If you never signed any contract then I don't see how you can be held to one - especially one as draconian as only 3 days to try. Good luck with getting this sorted.

BTW all of these mobile broadband + laptop deals are just a way of selling the laptop on HP if you work out the pricing. You can get decent money back by ordering through Quidco - I would have had 40 for my 18 month 3 contract if I hadn't cancelled it (they may screwup and still pay me - I've had that happen before). I'm very pleased with the Vodafone one - 90 back on a 12 month contract makes it effectively half price - I did have to take the slower modem to get 12 months but where I use it I doubt there is anything faster than the 3.6GB model can handle anyway.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 23-Jul-08 14:58:05
Print Post

[re: ceedee] [link to this post]

Here is the link to my blog ceedee cheers for the help http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&Mytoken=CCD9D6C9-4D09-4076-ABDD35B07FDA3348131430943

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 23-Jul-08 15:03:04
Print Post

[re: PeteK] [link to this post]

Hi cheers for info

couple of quick questions

I paid for the deal with my credit card but set up the direct debt with my visa electron current account can they still help.

What information do i have to be careful about not posting
Standard User ceedee
(committed) Wed 23-Jul-08 15:06:41
Print Post

Afraid that link doesn't work (at least not for me).
I expect it'll be something more like http://www.myspace.com/yournamehere.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to