General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User UJM
(regular) Sat 09-Jan-10 08:09:04
Print Post

Checking your Usage on 3 Mobile Broadband

[link to this post]

I bought a 3 broadband dongle with 3GB internet pre-loaded. I've used it for 1 day and I'm trying to work out my usage.

1.The My3 Balance & Spend page shows the balance as 2885 MB after 1 day

2.The My3 top-up page shows the balance as 2838 MB after 1 day

3.The Usage History panel says I've used approx 191 MB (uploads + downloads), giving me a balance of 2809 MB

So I have 3 different balances for my 3GB dongle after 1 day's use,

... I'm wondering which one is accurate ?

screenshot:
http://www.nikev.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/diff.2.jpg
Standard User UJM
(regular) Mon 11-Jan-10 13:30:50
Print Post

Re: Checking your Usage on 3 Mobile Broadband

[re: UJM] [link to this post]

anyone ?
Standard User CJT
(member) Wed 13-Jan-10 00:11:04
Print Post

Hi UJM,

1stly DON'T go by the usage panel, it's just not accurate enough to be trusted sadly...

2ndly My3 and there for My Balance has been undergoing some "updates" as far as I am aware, so it maybe giving u slightly false info at the moment...

I'd give it a few days and see what it says... generally Check My Usage is the best page to try... unless it's changed...

as I don't have access to a PAYG modem it's hard to tell.. sorry..

Regards,

tongue

CJT.

ON BT Total Broadband .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User UJM
(regular) Wed 13-Jan-10 06:48:34
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response,

3 recommend you go to the "Check my Balance" page on My3 to view your usage figures, but it's not accurate.

It currently says I have 80MB of credit more than what's showing on the Usage History Panel.

80MB represents about one day's internet use for me so going by those figures I'm likely to run out of credit while the "Check my Balance" page will say I still have credit.

It's confusing to have 3 separate ways to check your usage figures, particularly when you get 3 different results.

I emailed 3 help & support ... no response.

The Vodafone mobile broadband method is much better, click a button on the Vodafone control panel and a pop-up panel shows your balance, no need to even open your browser!

Edited by UJM (Wed 13-Jan-10 07:20:20)

Standard User CJT
(member) Wed 13-Jan-10 22:19:15
Print Post

as I said, the My3 page has been having some issues to my knowledge... how long ago did u last top up, and when exactly did u 1st notice this "issue"?

Regards,

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .
Standard User UJM
(regular) Thu 14-Jan-10 07:11:27
Print Post

3 were having issues in that you couldn't logon to My3, or top-up, or check usage, but that was fixed a few days ago. The 3 dongle is new so I have yet to top-up, when I do have to top-up is when I will find out how accurate or inaccurate their usage stats are, in the meantime I use tbbmeter to monitor my usage. cheers.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter.html
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 15-Jan-12 11:30:34
Print Post

IVE GOTTA GET IT OFF MY CHEST ......... IV BEEN TRYING UNSUCCESSFULLY FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS INCLUDING GOING IN TO A 3STORE , TO GET DETAILS IF MY TOP-UP HISTORY / USAGE ECT .... AS I THINK IN COMPARISON '3' ARE EXPENSIVE !!

THE CALL CENTRE IS IN INDIA , THE STORES DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO PAY AND GO ACCOUNT DETAILS IN THAT MUCH DETAIL AND MY 3 IS FULL OF LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF INFO ..... NOTHING OF WHICH IS HELPFUL IN THE SLIGHTEST !!!

******* ANYONE AGREE ? ********
VICTORIA X
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 16-Jan-12 00:39:36
Print Post

3 seem to have two different versions of "My 3". The one at

https://my3.three.co.uk/myaccount/

Looks older and is giving me the right data at the moment (or at least, it shows roughly what I'm expecting to see). It has grey square icons with green graphics.

But I think there's a more modern, colourful version that I've seen before, I don't know how I got to that once - has multi-coloured "stripes" for links, looks a lot newer. And I couldn't get it to work very well.
Standard User GeorgeLloyd
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 16-Jan-12 11:35:26
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Can't quite make sense of that post. 3 have loads of details on PAYG on their web site and are in fact one of the cheapest.

George
plusnet smile
  Print Thread

Jump to