General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User longster
(newbie) Tue 24-Aug-10 09:23:47
Print Post

Integrated 3G & Mobile BB

[link to this post]

I am looking to buy a netbook or laptop with integrated 3G, however am on a limited budget (£300). I am getting slightly baffled by the number of options (or not) out there that are available. Can anyone recommend any netbooks or laptops in the price range? Have seen the Acer Aspire One D260, but are there others out there. Also if I bought one of the above could I get any mobile broadband deal and just put the SIM in to the netbook - I know most of them come with a dongle with the software on, but obviously the dongle wouldnt be required.

Any advice, thoughts, experiences greatly appreciated.
Standard User Backpack
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Aug-10 20:02:58
Print Post

Re: Integrated 3G & Mobile BB

[re: longster] [link to this post]

If you are going to take out a mobile broadband contract then you might be as well taking one with a "free" laptop.

Unless you don't want the tie-in.
Standard User longster
(newbie) Wed 25-Aug-10 08:14:03
Print Post

[re: Backpack] [link to this post]

The TCO is less though when buying one without. OK I know I would have the initial outlay, but taken over 24 months, its cheaper to buy the equipment separately from the contract.

Thanks though

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Aug-10 12:58:05
Print Post

[re: Backpack] [link to this post]

The register did a comparison of the "free" laptop deals. Their conclusion was that in all but 2 cases it was cheaper to buy the laptop and dongle separately. The article is here.

It doesn't take into account the fact you are paying for the laptop over a long period rather than an upfront payment but otherwise it is mostly better to not have the "free" laptop.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 03-Dec-11 19:02:55
Print Post

Re: Integrated 3G & Mobile BB *DELETED*

[re: longster] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 03-Dec-11 23:19:12
Print Post

Re: Integrated 3G & Mobile BB *DELETED*

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

More spam gone

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to