General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MarkHampshire
(committed) Tue 21-Sep-10 17:22:13
Print Post

Three 3G down?

[link to this post]

Is anyone elses Three 3G service knackered today?

Admittedly it's only the second outage in 2 years, I think, but it has been down all day for me.

Authenticates and logs on OK, but no DNS, no routing.

This is the Hampshire/Surrey border area near Farnham.

Have got by with tethering my O2 phone to the PC, but it has virtually no bandwidth and went offline around 1pm, 3:30pm and it's struggling now at 5:20pm... a bit different to the Three service.

But then, that's not working at all anyway frown

My Broadband Speed Test
(committed) Wed 22-Sep-10 00:32:37
Print Post

Re: Three 3G down?

[re: MarkHampshire] [link to this post]

Still not working, so I ring Three at 22:30 on the off chance someone might answer.

Answered immediately, put through to someone immediately, yes, the cell is down and will be back up within 24 hours.

OK it's broken (for the second time in two years) but the support is fairly impressive, given it's the first time I've ever had to call them.

The O2 service, by comparison = 0.8Mbps down, 0.3Mbps up and horribly compressed images that make pages look "washed out" - maybe that's because it's going thru the mobile and might be better with a 3G dongle. But then it got me through the day pretty well.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User uno
(experienced) Wed 22-Sep-10 02:33:36
Print Post

Try popping your postcode in at http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/Coverage.

They sometimes report things on the left hand side smile

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Wed 22-Sep-10 02:39:38
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Thanks - was looking for that page earlier, I obviously didn't look very hard smile Have bookmarked it now.

The coverage map is quite cautious, and endearingly, because this is a hilly area, the entire area shows as outdoor only, except for a little spot just where our house is that shows indoor and outdoor coverage - guess that's fed back from user's performance. Either that or someone knows the exact curvature of the land smile

Apparently, it should be working tomorrow. There are apparently 5 cells it can connect to but because the authentication works on the broken one (just no traffic), the modem is insistent on latching to the nearby one that doesn't have any connectivity.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User uno
(experienced) Wed 22-Sep-10 02:40:47
Print Post

No problem at all smile

Hope they get it fixed soon.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User blueacid
(member) Mon 18-Oct-10 17:13:41
Print Post

... On the county border near farnham? would that mean Rowledge then? (says he who lived near there.)

If so, the 3 transmitter is by an o2 and t-mo one, all at Surrey Sawmills, just by millers inn on the a325. You could walk up and see if it's smouldering tongue

Cheers,
Blueacid
=================================
Xilo LLU - Resold C&W on MRCEN. Bliss!
(committed) Mon 18-Oct-10 17:20:27
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

The village is called Froyle.

The 3 mast is actually on the A31 just near the Bentley phone exchange.

I don't think it's used much - maybe my speed drops when a car passes by and latches to it briefly smile

Has been well behaved since. We're moving soon anyway, as I need something faster and so we're going back to a cabled area.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 16-May-12 01:51:56
Print Post

i think three network may be down in the Birmingham area not got any signal again on two sims. had phonecalls earlier so it is not the phone. anyone else got this problem?
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Wed 16-May-12 02:35:29
Print Post

Noticed my 3g keeps dissapearing and not coming back. Doing my head in at times as I can't use data what-so-ever unless it shows up as 3g on the iphone.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 16-May-12 15:20:44
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Today I cannot get a 3 Network 3G signal in South Shropshire. Connection seems only to be 2G as I can make phone calls. Overseas call centre insist there is nothing wrong with the tramsmitter...what is going on at 3 Network?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to