3 finally got back to me and told me how to set up a manual connection so I dont need to use the 3connect software, that will do me.
Perhaps you'd like to share how you set up the manual connection to 3 for the others of us who have probs with XP. Thanks.
1. Go to connections folder and click make a new connection.
2. Choose "Connect to the internet" in the wizard.
3. Choose "Set up manually"
3. Choose "Dial up modem" make sure the modem drivers are installed and modem plugged in.
4. Enter "3 Broadband" under ISP name.
5. Enter *99# in the phone number box.
6. Leave user name and password blank.
8. Double click 3 Broadband and surf.
There maybe different steps depending upon your connection but that's generally it.
ZeN & freenetname
recapped ST546v6 on 8 Meg Active
Check my bad boy speeds out on ZeN
Edited by Banger (Fri 11-Feb-11 01:36:31)