General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bosie
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 11-Mar-11 22:11:29
Print Post

Is broadband really mobile

[link to this post]

Today at the office neither Three or O2 would let me browse the web. This evening on a Virgin West Coast train to visit friends armed with a plethora of supposedly "connected" gadgets, nothing, nada, "cellular network could not be activated blah..". O2 iPhone, 3 iPad, O2 dongle, 3 MiFi ... honest I think it's time to stop trying to take the internet with me because "mobile" is fast becoming a myth. Perhaps the printed magazine and books have life in them yet smile

bosie
Standard User Cobra001
(committed) Fri 11-Mar-11 22:36:51
Print Post

Re: Is broadband really mobile

[re: bosie] [link to this post]

once you get about 50MPH the mobile network can't cope, this is further compounded by mast normaly not being placed with train lines in mind.

Then you got tunnels, all that metal surrounding you its no wonder is struggles.
Standard User blueacid
(member) Mon 14-Mar-11 22:45:56
Print Post

[re: Cobra001] [link to this post]

Where on earth do you get this 50mph thing from? I can talk or browse at 125mph on the train, or 70mph in the car..

Cheers,
Blueacid
=================================
Was on Xilo C&W LLU on MRCEN, Now Be* on MRARD.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-Mar-11 15:29:14
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blueacid:
Where on earth do you get this 50mph thing from? I can talk or browse at 125mph on the train, or 70mph in the car..

Hope you aren't driving when doing that browsing in the car wink
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-Mar-11 15:49:30
Print Post

[re: bosie] [link to this post]

Mobile is O2, I'd say it works about 80% of the time when I'm out and about. Even trying in the same location as last week doesn't necessarily mean I'll get a connection this week and I find the more built up the area, the less predictable the speed.

I've never known it work brilliantly on the move/in the car. Mobile broadband it might be, but it works a lot better if you remain still smile
  Print Thread

Jump to