General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rs2157
(newbie) Thu 02-Jun-11 14:16:42
Print Post

3 sim will not register

[link to this post]

A while ago I took advantage of the offer at http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk/ and got myself a free dongle. I then unlocked it at everything wasy rosy in the world. I could put in a 3 sim of an o2 sim or an orange sim and it all worked.

I have not used my 3 sim for a while and now it will not regsiter on the network. (All the other sims I have are regsitering. (I might not have the correct apn's etc but I think that should only stop it connecting not registering. It just tells me there is a limited service))

This particular 3 sim will register if I put it into an unlocked mobile or another 3 broadband dongle.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jun-11 14:54:30
Print Post

Re: 3 sim will not register

[re: rs2157] [link to this post]

I would suggest calling Three and giving them to IMEI of the device to see if there are any blocks on the network for it.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User rs2157
(newbie) Thu 02-Jun-11 15:01:31
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Thanks. I will do that. I asume IMEI is a hardware thing so that will not have changed from upgrading the firmware?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jun-11 15:03:48
Print Post

[re: rs2157] [link to this post]

The IMEI generally can't be changed, so I doubt it.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 03-Jun-11 01:53:31
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

NO FREE 3 dongles though at the moment !
Would have liked to try if it works at my rural location...
Martin
Standard User jsp21c
(committed) Sat 04-Jun-11 09:35:25
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Before I took the plunge (and I'm glad it did) into 3g, I just used my Vodafone PAYG phone to scan for 3g networks and the Three network showed a strong signal, you only get a glimpse of signal strength while the phone scans across the networks but it's a good indicator.
Of course I couldn't connect but it did give me a good indication that a signal was available at my location. Three's own network map proved accurate for my location. You can also look up the proximity of your local 3g masts on the OFCOM website. http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/
After that I bought a 3 Dongle and it's been great so far. I've now added a HSPA+ phone with the all you can eat account and will be cancelling my land line when the contract expires in July.

------------------------------------------------
ASUS P7P55D-EVO, Intel Core i7 860, 8GB Corsair DDR3, Windows 7x64
Fractal Design R3 Black Case
  Print Thread

Jump to