General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tommy_boi
(experienced) Tue 02-Aug-11 17:54:23
Print Post

PdaNet

[link to this post]

Would PdaNet work with any android phone or does it have to be the more expensive phones like the galaxy s2 etc?.

UK Online Customer smile
Standard User Daniel_g
(newbie) Tue 02-Aug-11 18:57:41
Print Post

Re: PdaNet

[re: tommy_boi] [link to this post]

Hello

Looked at this the other day and I have a new but cheap HTC phone and would be ok so long as the operating system (version of android) is up to what it says on this page then good I guess.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pdanet&fea...
Not found anything that does not work yet.
As 3 let you link to the computer as the portable hot spot (in the wireless settings) then did not see the point. Good for getting around the tethering ( or lack of it ), and might not be able to so this gets around the problem. A bit dodgy I thought if the mobile phone network don't alow but this programs does.
Good Idea and works in anyphone on android of newish times I guess.
I have a HTC wildfire with the lastest version but older ok looking at the spec part on the listing on link above.
Standard User AlistairS
(regular) Tue 02-Aug-11 20:45:22
Print Post

I have it on my HTC Desire & it seems to work fine. Tried it with a couple of networks, no issues so far

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy_boi
(experienced) Tue 02-Aug-11 23:57:18
Print Post

[re: AlistairS] [link to this post]

Which other phones will it work with, which are relatively cheap, also what speeds do you get on the HTC, i know on my galaxy s2 i get awesome speeds and i get a little (H) on the screen when the speeds are fast, is this the same with the HTC?.

UK Online Customer smile
Standard User AlistairS
(regular) Wed 03-Aug-11 00:03:36
Print Post

I am currently getting around 4.8Mbps from usenet (average) which I think is OK. When the sim card worked in the mobile broadband dongle before they blocked it for that use I was getting around 9Mbps.

The HTC is a bit older so the speeds aren't up there with your S2.

Not sure of what other phones it would work on tbh
Standard User tommy_boi
(experienced) Wed 03-Aug-11 00:23:50
Print Post

Yeah on usenet i get around 8Mb speeds with the galaxy s2 sometimes which i am very happy with, i've also got a dongle on the three network and i find that very slow, what dongle did you have to get 9Mb out of it, or which sim card was you using etc?.

UK Online Customer smile
Standard User AlistairS
(regular) Wed 03-Aug-11 07:42:44
Print Post

It was the high speed one the Huawei E367 high speed dongle. I was using the AYCE PAYG Phone sim.
Standard User tommy_boi
(experienced) Wed 03-Aug-11 08:32:18
Print Post

Oh ok, dont suppose you know any pay and go networks that offer unlimited usage on dongles?.

UK Online Customer smile
Standard User AlistairS
(regular) Wed 03-Aug-11 09:23:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by tommy_boi:
Oh ok, dont suppose you know any pay and go networks that offer unlimited usage on dongles?.
Unfortunately not. The best I could find was 15GB a month on a 24 month 3 contract or 7GB for £25 PAYG on 3.

No -one offers this. 3 AYCE PAYG is now being clamped down on as is there One pay monthly tarrif - I had thiis for less than 24 hrs & they had blocked the dongle use.

I live in a BB not spot so was delighted to be getting decent speeds via a mobile BB setup.

Incidently, your 8Mbit speeds was that on 3 & using PdaNet on your S2?
  Print Thread

Jump to