General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User FerretMarch
(newbie) Thu 18-Aug-11 15:25:53
Print Post

Vodafone stopping topups on the old "everlasting" bb sticks?

[link to this post]

Hi guys, first post smile

I have one of the older Vodafone mobile Internet sticks (k3565) on the "everlasting" (for the want of a better name) topup and go tariff, as opposed to the 30 day expiry ones. But I've run into a problem, I was wanting to topup with another 1GB data after about 12-18 month's very light usage, so I bought a £15 topup voucher at a corner shop. But on entering the voucher code, I get the error message "Voucher code could not be verified." I tried it the day I got the voucher, the day after, a week later (I didn't need it desperately), etc. Still no joy. I think it's safe to say it's never going to work (this is the first time I've ever tried to top up the stick, BTW).

I'm using the "mobile connect lite" software (that installed from the stick on first use), as instructed by Vodafone's website, and click the "topup my voucher" side button, then enter the voucher code in the dialog box that pops up, then it tries to do the topup, then eventually fails and pops up the error message above.

Any ideas what the problem could be, guys? Have I just been unlucky and bought a "bad" voucher? Or could Vodafone be stopping topups for the old tariff sticks, or maybe they've changed the topup price from £15? Anyone else having trouble topping up with these sticks lately?

Thanks for any help.
Standard User techguy
(member) Thu 18-Aug-11 15:47:15
Print Post

Re: Vodafone stopping topups on the old "everlasting" bb sti

[re: FerretMarch] [link to this post]

Best ask Vodafone.

Could be someone has nicked the code before you (I'm assuming you are using a card not a till printout)

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
(newbie) Fri 19-Aug-11 06:07:39
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for the late response, had to pop off just after I posted.

I wouldn't have a clue who to talk to at Vodafone to be honest. I don't use them for my regular phone and haven't a clue where my manual is smile. I'll check if there's a support number in the software somewhere.

But I guess if no-one else is having trouble topping up these sticks, I've somehow just got a dud voucher, or someone's slyly picked up the code somehow and already used it. I'm not sure if voucher code theft is a big problem or not. My other worry was the price had changed, and it was rejecting the £15 topup.

The voucher I bought was just a standard till receipt style voucher with a 12 digit code that I had to type in. Not sure if I also got a swipe card in the box with the stick or not. Might be worth a hunt for the box if it provides more reliable top-ups.

Regards

Edited by FerretMarch (Fri 19-Aug-11 06:10:42)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Aug-11 16:46:06
Print Post

I topped mine up for the first time (I just have it as a standby in case my phone line goes down) a couple of months ago, no problem but this was by doing it online.

There was no top up card in the box with my stick, so don't worry if you cannot find yours!

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Aug-11 16:49:10
Print Post

PS You could try here:- http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/bd-p/17

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

(newbie) Mon 22-Aug-11 07:29:32
Print Post

Re: Vodafone stopping topups on the old "everlasting" bb sti *DELETED*

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Post deleted by FerretMarch
(newbie) Mon 22-Aug-11 07:31:39
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Ah, that's good to know, and thanks for the forum link too. Thanks a lot AM smile

P.S. I take you just paid the standard £15 to top-up?

Edited by FerretMarch (Mon 22-Aug-11 07:38:26)

(knowledge is power) Mon 22-Aug-11 08:39:10
Print Post

Yes, £15.00p

When I first set up the online top-up, not long after bought the dongle, it was quite a struggle. There was some Vodafone forum comment at that time. However, when I came to use it the first time the other month it went through fine.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Print Thread

Jump to