General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cpantiques
(newbie) Sat 17-Dec-11 10:27:41
Print Post

cant connect my Galaxy s to my btinternet email account

[link to this post]

I cannot seem to use my galaxy S to set up an email send/retrieve with bt internet, I have tried the manual set up on the phone, it comes up ''cant find server'' also tried the Samsung site for an ''automatic set up, this also dosent do anything at all, has anybody any ideas? also I am never sure when it asks for ''user names etc'' is it talking about my BT username or my email name etc. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Standard User jsp21c
(committed) Sat 17-Dec-11 12:31:54
Print Post

Re: cant connect my Galaxy s to my btinternet email account

[re: cpantiques] [link to this post]

Check this page for server and log in info
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6876/...

You might need to go to your webmail page and select Options/Pop & Forwarding/access BT Yahoo via POP.
I've got an old BTYahoo mail account which I have set up in the Android Yahoo Mail app and it works fine. I can see the storage folders & everything else just fine.
I think you'll only need your username (full email address) & password and the app will do the rest.

------------------------------------------------
ASUS P7P55D-EVO, Intel Core i7 860, 8GB Corsair DDR3, Windows 7x64
Fractal Design R3 Black Case

Edited by jsp21c (Sat 17-Dec-11 13:24:53)

Standard User cpantiques
(newbie) Sat 17-Dec-11 14:39:25
Print Post

[re: jsp21c] [link to this post]

Many Thanks for this will try this method after work today and hopefull will get it sorted, I wil let you know how I get on, Paul.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cpantiques
(newbie) Sun 18-Dec-11 10:50:09
Print Post

Hi,
tried this page entered the information to my galaxy and just got a respose ''Cannot connect to server'', anybody have any other ideas, I should say I am with Vodafone, a dirty word on this site it seems, anyway still got a years contract so have to stay for now, an help would be appreciated, many thanks Paul.
Standard User cpantiques
(newbie) Sun 18-Dec-11 11:24:37
Print Post

Well, cancel that last email, finally I have now sussed out how to do it, in a combination of vodafone site and the bt thread advised to me previously, so many thanks for your help.
  Print Thread

Jump to