General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rareair04
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 09:37:23
Print Post

Three Mobile Broadband

[link to this post]

Hi everyone,

I have a mobile broadband dongle from Three (the Huawei E367). At the moment its just on a pay as you go tariff.

I am considering taking out a sim only deal with them (300 mins, 3000 texts and all-you-can-eat data). My question to you good folk out there is would I be able to put this sim in my three dongle from time to time when I need to access the internet, or is this just restricted to the phone on which the sim is registered?

Many thanks
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 06-Mar-12 10:26:52
Print Post

Re: Three Mobile Broadband

[re: rareair04] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rareair04:
Hi everyone,

I have a mobile broadband dongle from Three (the Huawei E367). At the moment its just on a pay as you go tariff.

I am considering taking out a sim only deal with them (300 mins, 3000 texts and all-you-can-eat data). My question to you good folk out there is would I be able to put this sim in my three dongle from time to time when I need to access the internet, or is this just restricted to the phone on which the sim is registered?

Many thanks

If its the all you can eat as in the one plan then yes you can If its just all you can eat data then no they are known to disconnect the sim if you do this on a none one plan account (happened to a friend they reconnected him but said he is not aloud to tether or use a dongle without the one plan) Some people have got past this by using VPN's to trick the network into not knowing weather its mobile or pc data but with the extra cost involved might as well just upgrade to the one plan and get more minutes and texts this is what my friend did.

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps
Standard User rareair04
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 13:54:17
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info, very useful.

After posting this, I found an online chat facility on the Three site, and had a chat with the advisor. He said that I couldnt use the SIM in my dongle at all.

I am questioning now whether he is just fobbing me off, or whether it is true.
This is the link:

http://store.three.co.uk/SIM_Only/Voice_Pay_Monthly
And its the second item in the list that I am intersted in purchasing.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 06-Mar-12 14:06:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by rareair04:
Thanks for the info, very useful.

After posting this, I found an online chat facility on the Three site, and had a chat with the advisor. He said that I couldnt use the SIM in my dongle at all.

I am questioning now whether he is just fobbing me off, or whether it is true.
This is the link:

http://store.three.co.uk/SIM_Only/Voice_Pay_Monthly
And its the second item in the list that I am intersted in purchasing.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Yea defo cant tether with the one, The One Plan SIM Only - 1 month.is the only you'll be able to tether with ill admit im not 100% were dongles come into play im on the one plan and i use my Samsung GS2 to tether used about 30gig last month,

My friend used to be on a 500 mins plan + AYCE data add-on and put it in a dongle that's when they disconnected it but he upgraded to the one plan and now uses the galaxy ace but dose USB tether like using a dongle, But im sure they said in the shop the one plan can also be used in dongles too, but if they say on the chat dongles cant be used then i wouldn't bother because theyll detect it and Disconect it within a day or 2

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps
Standard User rareair04
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 14:19:24
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Really helpful my friend, thank you!
Standard User daved476
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 15:58:17
Print Post

Whether you can tether and whether you can use a sim in a dongle are two separate things so don't get them mixed up.

Some of their phone contracts allow tethering but I am pretty sure that you aren't allowed to use any phone sims in a dongle.

I remember seeing in the terms and conditions that you are not allowed to use a phone Sim in a dongle but have a look for yourself - they are available on Three's website.
Standard User rareair04
(newbie) Tue 06-Mar-12 15:59:32
Print Post

[re: daved476] [link to this post]

Great, will check out the T&C's for the fine print. Many thanks.
  Print Thread

Jump to