General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hanxu
(member) Sun 11-Mar-12 01:58:22
Print Post

Three all you can eat data on iPad?

[link to this post]

Not sure if anyone asked this before, has anyone used all you can data plan on an iPad?

I am thinking of getting one, but want to check before go ahead, thanks.

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Sun 11-Mar-12 09:50:39
Print Post

Re: Three all you can eat data on iPad?

[re: hanxu] [link to this post]

No experience but it looks like the best three do for an Ipad is 15GB on contract or 10GB on rolling pay monthly.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 27-Apr-12 09:40:10
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

I have iPhone 4 with monthly contact, I recently added all u can eat data for an extra £3 pm, I now use the personal hotspot setting on my iPhone and connect my iPad via WiFi to my phone thus getting 3G Internet all you can eat data at a fraction of the cost of a 3G sim for my iPad. Obviously this info only usefull if you have iPhone 4/4S, hope this helps.

MNC71

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User leexgx
(regular) Sun 06-May-12 18:34:57
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

think he is asking can you use The One Plan sim in an dongle or Tablet

the "All You can Eat" plans is no

but The One Plan maybe (has any one tried as it does allow tethering so maybe it allows its inside an tablet or dongle)

Standard User Kiron
(newbie) Wed 09-May-12 12:29:59
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Think this idea is a good one. iPad is expensive enough without adding the monthly SIM cost to it. I generally use my iPad at home anyway so I went for the WiFi version and on the odd occasion I want to use it out the house I will be trying to connect with my iPhone! Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-May-12 20:11:08
Print Post

[re: Kiron] [link to this post]

Do similar for my tablet, though not an iPad, and also android backup phone that has no data plan on its sim.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bigluap
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 12:25:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Using a One Plan sim is only allowed in the Phone, but a device can be TETHERED to the phone via Wireless or USB. the text below is from the THREE website. Only the ONE plan can be used in this way.

If you're on The One Plan you can use the internet when you're out and about with other devices including laptops, tablets and games consoles, just by connecting them through Wi-Fi or USB to your phone. You can tether on all our One Plan tariffs including SIM Only with a one-month rolling contract.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL...

HTC phones have the option to become a WiFi hotspot.
Standard User markdvdman
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 17:34:06
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by leexgx:
think he is asking can you use The One Plan sim in an dongle or Tablet

the "All You can Eat" plans is no

but The One Plan maybe (has any one tried as it does allow tethering so maybe it allows its inside an tablet or dongle)

I am on the One Plan with my HTC Desire S. I use it sometimes as a wireless hotspot for tethering to use the Ipad. I have a 3G option but simply not worth it.

It would be interesting to see if the micro sim for the iphone works in the ipad as in the one plan. I doubt it but my girlfiend has an iphone 4 on 3 with the one plan. Will ask her to check it next weekend.
Standard User connormill
(learned) Mon 28-May-12 23:14:47
Print Post

[re: markdvdman] [link to this post]

The One Plan SIM cards DO allow tethering (ALL 3 contract's do, i think)

And they will work in a dongle/MiFi/iPad.... for about 5 minutes.

then you get a lovely message telling you that it's not supported. I know, i tried.

A bit of a pain, but then again, 3's data only cards are far far cheaper than everyone else's so it's not all bad.

As for me, One plan SIM in the iPhone - WiFi tether to the iPad - no second card to pay for. Happy days!!

Getting about 15mb down and 900k up on Sky DSL, not bad when it's free! Can't wait for FTTC (30-6-12)

Disclaimer: I work for sky, but have no involvement AT ALL with broadband, so dont ask! tongue
Standard User leexgx
(member) Wed 30-May-12 23:53:08
Print Post

[re: connormill] [link to this post]

thought they do something like that

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to