General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User andysm
(regular) Thu 29-Mar-12 23:08:22
Print Post

3 MiFi unable to receive text messages

[link to this post]

I have a 3 MiFi device Huawei E586. When registering for a My3 account the registration process sends a text message to the MiFi device with a password. The problem is my MiFi never receives the text message. I have tried several times and have also tried sending a text to the Huawei from my phone, the message is never received. I know the device can receive text messages as when I had a pay and go SIM I was able to receive text messages with no problem, but now with a pay monthly SIM, nothing. Any ideas? I tried customer support, they just resent the password a few times which didn't help. TIA.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Mar-12 12:20:07
Print Post

Re: 3 MiFi unable to receive text messages

[re: andysm] [link to this post]

I have had the same thing so you are not alone. Device definitely gets texts as it gets the 3 sales texts. But, never seems to get the registration text. I can generally manage it through the iPhone app but otherwise can't do a lot to the account.
Standard User Peter_56
(newbie) Sat 31-Mar-12 04:16:19
Print Post

[re: andysm] [link to this post]

You can access the text messages on the Three WiFi using its 'Web Management' pages. Connect to the internet using the WiFi unit and then go to
http://3.home
This displays the WiFi units usage & various other info. You can also send & read text messages. This is how I received my password.

Peter_56

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User GeorgeLloyd
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 31-Mar-12 11:13:00
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

You can still log on via http://3.home via your browser on your Iphone and access SMS.

George
plusnet smile
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Apr-12 11:43:46
Print Post

[re: GeorgeLloyd] [link to this post]

I can read any text messages that go to the device. The problem is that the registration messages never seemed to arrive which I think is the same issue the OP is seeing.
  Print Thread

Jump to