General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Motorhomer
(newbie) Sat 09-Jun-12 09:42:24
Print Post

European Dongle

[link to this post]

I'm touring Europe in my motorhome. Normally I can get wi-fi at reasonable prices and my UK supplier (T-Mobile) has Euro Boosters, which allow me to use email etc on my smartphon without incurring silly costs. However, I'm in Croatia at present and it's a different story. T-Mobile charges £7.50 per megabyte!

I have bought a T-Mobile dongle and a Croatian sim card for my laptop, which is brilliant. The sim card gives me one gig of data for about £10.00 and the T-Mobile dongle cost about £20.

My question is: Can I simply buy a new local sim card when I go to another country (say Germany or Slovenia) and insert it in my dongle? I suspect it may have to be a T-Mobile one if it can be done but I think I can get them anywhere.

The dongle is brilliant and its operating system is in English so it would be nice to be able to carry on using it with local sim cards.

I can't find an answer to this on the web, and believe me, I've tried!

Thanks
Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Sat 09-Jun-12 18:34:20
Print Post

Re: European Dongle

[re: Motorhomer] [link to this post]

you may find that you can 'unlock' the dongle, in the same way as mobile phones can be unlocked.
Standard User Motorhomer
(newbie) Sat 09-Jun-12 18:47:12
Print Post

Re: European Dongle

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

Thank you. Why didn't I think of that? Too much sun here in lovely Dubrovnik! I shall take it into a mobile phone shop and get it unlocked.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to