General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hanxu
(member) Tue 23-Oct-12 00:23:13
Print Post

EE 4G tariff unveiled, and it's dear

[link to this post]

See link
EE 4G Tariff

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Oct-12 03:38:48
Print Post

Re: EE 4G tariff unveiled, and it's dear

[re: hanxu] [link to this post]

always going to charge a premium as they have exclusivity but all the same " thats expensive! "
Standard User hypertony
(committed) Tue 23-Oct-12 06:42:21
Print Post

LTE network with lightning fast speed of up to 30Mbps.

And EE thinks 500MB a month is going to be enough based on the "market research"? BWHAHAHAHAHA!! They forgot we're moving toward cloud service. They forgot we now watch more streaming vieo (i.e. iPlayer), more social networking (photos/videos sharing), etc.

I eat around 2GB a month on the bog standard 3G network. And I only pay £13 a month for AYCE data. To meet my requirements for their network, I would have to pay about £50 a month for just 3GB!

Good luck EE, you're going to need it...

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 23-Oct-12 09:38:26
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

Particularly as they are promoting a cloud product to store all your photos and videos for backup, via their clone recovery service

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Oct-12 22:21:55
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hypertony:
LTE network with lightning fast speed of up to 30Mbps.

And EE thinks 500MB a month is going to be enough based on the "market research"? BWHAHAHAHAHA!! They forgot we're moving toward cloud service. They forgot we now watch more streaming vieo (i.e. iPlayer), more social networking (photos/videos sharing), etc.

I eat around 2GB a month on the bog standard 3G network. And I only pay £13 a month for AYCE data. To meet my requirements for their network, I would have to pay about £50 a month for just 3GB!

Good luck EE, you're going to need it...

Same here - my 3 one plan is my landline! I use about 200GB a month. I'd have to go bankrupt (again) in order to actually afford that!

I'll stick with 3 at £31 a month and my "oh so pityfull" 12 down 5 up - happy days!

The only thing I find good about the whole deal is the £99 to upgrade phones - handy if your mid contract but still expensive
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Oct-12 22:23:16
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

they are welcome to be exclusive as far as i'm concerned im not interested in 4G anyway even if it was 1p a month!
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Oct-12 19:30:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by hanxu:
See link
EE 4G Tariff

not even started and already been on Watchdog.. :/
Standard User benbird7
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Oct-12 19:03:39
Print Post

I'd rather have a slower speed than pay those extortionate prices. Already shifted 6GB of data via phone this month alone due to broadband being off for a week!

Standard User Jonkarra
(newbie) Sat 27-Oct-12 00:39:49
Print Post

[re: benbird7] [link to this post]

My own feeling is that its about adding something over and above 3G and with the pathetic download limits I really cant think of any application I would use on a phone that would be enhanced by 4g with these download limits. All of your current typical smartphone useage will not massively benefit from the increased bandwidth its not going to really help general browsing, facebook, email and downloading the odd app or song especially not when you compare to HSPA/HSPA+. The only real thing I could see 4G being useful for primarily is streaming/downloading video especially HD video. With these download limits its not just not pheasable to do that. I am not a EE customer and this definitely wouldn't tempt me! Throw in that Orange were bad last time I tried them, o2 has superior customer service, and three has all you can eat data!

On O2 LLU for 2 approx 2 years and generally happy with it.
Standard User benbird7
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 27-Oct-12 16:29:22
Print Post

[re: Jonkarra] [link to this post]

My first ever contract was with Orange, then went to o2, was with them for 7 years until they were more interested in offering broadband than mobile phones and wouldn't offer me a decent deal to stay, so went with vodafone, now with three. I'm thinking of going to Virgin as they run off the back of orange and their sim only plans have all you can eat data.

Three mobile reception at home and work is great, when I'm out and about driving in east anglia, I'm constantly dropping in and out of signal #sadface. I have tried different modems on my galaxy s3, but still lose signal regardless.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to