General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 24-Nov-12 14:23:05
Print Post

T-Mobile 6 months net sim cards

[link to this post]

Hi got a question about the 6 months net for 20 quid t-mobile offer, ive seen many people post about it been good value, but dose it allow tethering.

Im getting my grandma a kindle fire for xmas she dose not have an internet connection so would have to keep coming to mine to do anything internet related, the thing is shes not right up to tech so it would just be odd email few web searches and then downloading books from the store

Im getting a new phone in a few week and though to my self might as well let her have my current t-mobile vivacity (cheap 50 quid android phone) to use purely as a modem i use it for tethering now but im on threes one plan which dose allow this,

It seams stupid to pay massive amounts out for mobile broadband or even fixed line for maybe 300meg usage a month lol (she doesn't have a land line anyway)

so bottom of the line will i be able to do this i already do have a t-mobile sim that came with the phone before i unlocked it to use on three, its active because i had to top up a tenner when i bought the phone used the talktime then put it away in the box so will it just be a case of topping up 20 quid then activating the 6 months net bolt on,

Thanks for reply's and sorry for the little essay lol

Ash

Plus.net - Extra Fibre - Speed To be seen
Standard User commsguru
(newbie) Sat 24-Nov-12 15:23:20
Print Post

Re: T-Mobile 6 months net sim cards

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

hi I have an suggestion for you. I use a company called samba mobile. If you email me at sunsetbridge@live.co.uk I can refer a friend any you can purchase a sim for half price for £2.50. I would get a 3 mifi device for 49.99.
I can also credit you samba account by 3-4gb a month on your behalf for £5 p/m
I can also supply a unlocked mobile dongle for £22
regards
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 24-Nov-12 15:28:43
Print Post

[re: commsguru] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by commsguru:
hi I have an suggestion for you. I use a company called samba mobile. If you email me at sunsetbridge@live.co.uk I can refer a friend any you can purchase a sim for half price for £2.50. I would get a 3 mifi device for 49.99.
I can also credit you samba account by 3-4gb a month on your behalf for £5 p/m
I can also supply a unlocked mobile dongle for £22
regards

oh yes ive heard about samba mobile before i forgot all about them TBH there the ones that you watch vids to get data arnt they

As said im going to use my old phone as a modem no point shelling money out for a mifi when ive got a phone that already dose it and would otherwise be getting put in a draw

ill pm you my email

Thanks for the suggestion seams a better idea than the tmobile because if she dose need more data then its easy enough to get smile

Ash

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Nov-12 16:30:44
Print Post

Yes. They are designed for that aswell as a phone

I have had one in a Mifi from the start.. Not a problem.

And the link on here is for 12 months - not 6 which is even better value! smile
(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Nov-12 16:32:10
Print Post

You realise with Samba you have to watch ads before you get credit? each ad is about 3MB.

I tried them but the ads ran out every day and often I got none for 5-6 days (this was a few weeks ago)

If you really want I will send you my t-mobile SIM card for nothing. I no longer use it as I have a 3 phone and fibre.

Up to you.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 24-Nov-12 16:38:06
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
You realise with Samba you have to watch ads before you get credit? each ad is about 3MB.

I tried them but the ads ran out every day and often I got none for 5-6 days (this was a few weeks ago)

If you really want I will send you my t-mobile SIM card for nothing. I no longer use it as I have a 3 phone and fibre.

Up to you.

Hi mate ya i know about the adds TBH as said she might use 300meg a month and thats been adventurous she cant really use computers or things like that shes had a mobile 12 year and still cant text lol, thats why i decided to get her the kindle fire and not a normal android tablet the interface is designed with none techs in mind lol she can just about grasp using one (been on a demo in shop) so shell do the odd google search maybe for a recipe and then get the odd email from Argos news letter lol,

ive ordered a sim but yea if you dont want it then by all means i can test which will give best performance/signal i do know that some times my three signal cuts off in her house even though she only lives about 100 meters from my house were i get full signal lol,

Ash

(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Nov-12 16:39:52
Print Post

No probs mate we will sort it.

Nice to see your on Plusnet now. BLO was okay but they went down hill lots frown
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 24-Nov-12 16:41:41
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
No probs mate we will sort it.

Nice to see your on Plusnet now. BLO was okay but they went down hill lots frown

yea tell me about it ive still got LBO as well and even though at min plusnet seam to of capped me at 40/2 (till Monday hopefully) its out performing my LBO connection at 70/23 haha think there having big captivity probs

Ash

Standard User ts86net
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Dec-12 15:54:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
Hi got a question about the 6 months net for 20 quid t-mobile offer, ive seen many people post about it been good value, but dose it allow tethering.

It certainly works from an Android mobile. I've been running it since January
Standard User danmeah
(newbie) Thu 13-Dec-12 07:38:48
Print Post

Am not sure of the £20 per 6 month packages. but i know the free 12 month data sims do (iphone sims)

they also have no speedcaps and unlimited data, completely unlimited.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to