General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Jan-13 04:45:23
Print Post

Dell NetReady

[link to this post]

Dell are selling a few laptops with integrated mobile broadband using a programme called Net Ready by a company called Macheen. Does anyone know how well this works and a bit more about the system in general? I believe they use the 3 mobile network - any good? I'm assuming that it works fine in most urban areas in the UK.

Dell Studio1558 with Win7 Home Premium 64bit 8GB RAM
IE9 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Jan-13 09:29:04
Print Post

Re: Dell NetReady

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

Got Dell with integrated mobile and works fine, just another connection to pick from.

How well it works depends on the coverage of the network you are using. I would check that it is not locked to any single network.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Jan-13 20:38:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think it's the 3 network - I believe they are all locked to a network as presumably Dell has to give them a percentage of the user fees. Could I use it in France, do you know? Dell only seems to offer this on its more expensive laptops - Lenovo have a similar system on cheaper ones.

Dell Studio1558 with Win7 Home Premium 64bit 8GB RAM
IE9 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Jan-13 22:27:08
Print Post

Does look very like it is locked to a network, but not seen any info on the roaming issue. Also seems to be billed in terms of time which would make me not bother and stick to a dongle/mifi

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Jan-13 08:49:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by GeoffB:
I think it's the 3 network - I believe they are all locked to a network as presumably Dell has to give them a percentage of the user fees. Could I use it in France, do you know? Dell only seems to offer this on its more expensive laptops - Lenovo have a similar system on cheaper ones.

Well atleast they chose in my view the best for coverage and all you can eat data
  Print Thread

Jump to