General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadbandman
(newbie) Tue 04-Jun-13 16:58:58
Print Post

Will we ever see unlimited 4g?

[link to this post]

FTTC is never going to happen, my last chance is 4G to tether to my pc.. however, I don't like sound of usage caps, do you guys think we will ever see unlimited 4g? sick of living in ice age
Standard User connormill
(learned) Tue 04-Jun-13 17:13:35
Print Post

Re: Will we ever see unlimited 4g?

[re: broadbandman] [link to this post]

I think Three will do an unlimited plan.

They have already said that their will be no Price Increase for 4G over 3G so I would assume that means that anyone on The One Plan (like me) will get to keep their current price and unlimited coneection once 4G comes along

Switched to Be* since BT decided I am not getting FTTC!

Might go for 2 bonded lines, speed aint bad at the moment

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2417616320.png
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 04-Jun-13 20:46:34
Print Post

[re: broadbandman] [link to this post]

we will see it for sure and does likely on 3 given what they already announced.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Tue 04-Jun-13 22:25:30
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

3 already offer the 4G ready LG Google nexus at only £1 per month more than the Samsung Google nexus which is 3G only.

I am not sure what other 4G phones they do or planning to do but my wife is looking at that one to compliment her nexus 7 when her current contract is up in January.

And as the One Plan is truly unlimited with wireless tether able to do six devices I can see them scooping up a lot of customers.

Edited by undecidedadrian (Tue 04-Jun-13 22:25:56)

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-13 10:30:47
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by undecidedadrian:
3 already offer the 4G ready LG Google nexus at only £1 per month more than the Samsung Google nexus which is 3G only.

I am not sure what other 4G phones they do or planning to do but my wife is looking at that one to compliment her nexus 7 when her current contract is up in January.

And as the One Plan is truly unlimited with wireless tether able to do six devices I can see them scooping up a lot of customers.

The LG Nexus 4 is 4G but it does not work in the UK!. It only works on the 1700 band which is canada only

If I am wrong then I would love to hear but that's what I've read online. I bought one from google. are you saying theirs is 4G and the one from google isnt? If so im sending mine back lol!
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 05-Jun-13 11:03:00
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

the uk model probably is different.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012
Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Wed 05-Jun-13 11:42:25
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Three has taken the 4G ready sticker off the product page and just put up HSPA+42 ready.

Sounds like somebody jumped the gun at 3 and has now had to take it off.

No matter it looks like a nice phone and it is the front runner for my wife to swap onto when she leaves O2.
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-13 13:43:16
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by undecidedadrian:
Three has taken the 4G ready sticker off the product page and just put up HSPA+42 ready.

Sounds like somebody jumped the gun at 3 and has now had to take it off.

No matter it looks like a nice phone and it is the front runner for my wife to swap onto when she leaves O2.

It's gorgeous I would highly recommend it!

With the wireless charging it's really nice!.

The phone is off and running from the second it gets to the home screen smile

Well worth it smile
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-13 16:21:54
Print Post

[re: connormill] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by connormill:

They have already said that their will be no Price Increase for 4G over 3G so I would assume that means that anyone on The One Plan (like me) will get to keep their current price and unlimited coneection once 4G comes along

I also remember a quote from 3 that suggested that as their HSDPA network is as fast as most 4G networks will be for a while that they are in no rush to actually roll out 4G so it could be a while before you see it - and if their current network can deliver similar speeds to the first waves of 4G then you have to wonder why as an end user you would actually care if 4G is available.
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-13 20:51:08
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
In reply to a post by connormill:

I also remember a quote from 3 that suggested that as their HSDPA network is as fast as most 4G networks will be for a while that they are in no rush to actually roll out 4G so it could be a while before you see it - and if their current network can deliver similar speeds to the first waves of 4G then you have to wonder why as an end user you would actually care if 4G is available.

Well I took my 4G EE sim back because my contract with 3 was always faster. So I would be happy to wait. I live in an around where I get between 8-14 but i've had 27 in some places so I know the network is good.

upload is where 4G can't be beaten I always got 21-22 up but on 3 I get 4.8 which is plenty
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to