General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-13 20:42:48
Print Post

Three homesignal

[link to this post]

Just got the box. Does anyone know if you can route data over it too? It has vastly better range than my wifi router for my phone (which cuts off - my macbook is fine)
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 05-Jun-13 20:45:06
Print Post

Re: Three homesignal

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mr_mojo:
Just got the box. Does anyone know if you can route data over it too? It has vastly better range than my wifi router for my phone (which cuts off - my macbook is fine)

usually a picocell acts just like a base station - but the data will be metered if you turn the wifi off on the phone.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Gari
(experienced) Wed 05-Jun-13 21:56:18
Print Post

Out of interest, how easy was it to get one from Three? It seems they don't like to give them out to anyone and everyone and you have to discuss with them to give you one. Also, how much did it cost you?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Jun-13 21:47:21
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Yeah, it's ok, it has data on it now. Must just of been the first few hours while it was configuring itself that it only had calls/texts.

I have unlimited data so it's not a problem.
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Jun-13 21:48:13
Print Post

[re: Gari] [link to this post]

Very easy.

Phoned up and told them I was having trouble with coverage indoors but coverage outdoors was fine.

Next day someone from the network team called me to say he'd looked into it and I asked if the 'homesignal' was an option. He said yes and it was delivered by courier the next day.

They didn't charge me anything for the unit.
Standard User Gari
(experienced) Mon 10-Jun-13 21:56:40
Print Post

That's really useful to know, thanks

Postcode check for me returns good indoors and outdoors coverage but reality is the same as you were experiencing.
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jun-13 04:50:49
Print Post

[re: Gari] [link to this post]

Yeah, that's not a problem, it says good indoors for me too.

Make sure you make them aware that you're in the garden/down the street etc too.

I think I may have found it so easy because I'm on a 24 month contract on the one plan with the iPhone, of which I'm about 14 months through. Not sure if people on shorter/different plans qualify so easily.

It's really good. I'd highly recommend that you give them a ring and get it set up.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jun-13 22:35:45
Print Post

I never did manage to get one. Tried several times since launch and never could get one.

They came up with ever excuse possible, even saying that a new mast was being installed and that in a couple of months signal would be fine. It wasn't and by that time I had only a few months left on my contract. I said if I couldn't have one then I'd cancel my DD. They wouldn't let me cancel my account but changed my contract to a "so called" monthly £9.90 before end of contract but I still can't cancel. I'd already stopped my DD so then had to pay by credit card ... lol ... and set-up the DD again.

Three are a nightmare to deal with if/when there are problems. Especially as they will never transfer you to a manager and claim that they are the only person in the WHOLE call centre.

I still have a GiffGaff sim waiting for my Three number to be transferred to if only they'd let me have the PAC code ...

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Jun-13 23:43:54
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

I find that very strange. I live near central london which obviously has very good 'normal' coverage but they didn't put up a fight at all.

I also did have problems with billing. Unlike you they totally failed to set up a DD after I changed bank accounts so I was stung with month after month of £5 'payment method charges'.

Emailing executive.office@three.co.uk or w/e it is has sorted all my problems out though with them. They refunded all my payment method charges, set the DD up and gave me a free month's service as soon as I emailed them.

To be fair to three though I didn't have to contact them to get the homesignal. The guys were good, maybe the policy has changed on them?
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 12-Jun-13 00:40:32
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

I never sorted out getting my PAC code or getting my iPhone unlocked with 3. I just gave in. Might be worth accepting the numbers lost if worst comes to it. I know I had to after about 10 requests and all just being ignored.

The 3 signal is pretty poor too. Yes when you have signal it's brilliant but lets be fair, on a moving train or moving vehicle 3 loses signal too often to maintain an important call. It ends up an annoyance seeing No Service all of the time.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to