General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User glevum
(newbie) Sun 30-Jun-13 15:59:49
Print Post

New Three Ultrafast (DC-HSPA+) E5756 MiFi

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've had the Huawei E5756 for 3 days now and am favourably impressed. It is supposed to be twice as fast as the first generation MiFi and that is confirmed by my experience so far. With my previous E586 MiFi I typically used to get, at home, average downloads at around 5 to 6 Mbps, occasionally as high as 9 or 10. With the E5756 I am averaging 10 to 12 Mbps, sometimes as high as 16 or 17 on both my phone and my laptop. I have not taken it out on the road yet but this will certainly save me a lot of time downloading stuff to my lap[top when I'm out and about..
I was surprised to get the higher speeds on my phone because it is a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I didn't think this phone would be compatible with DC-HSPA+ but whether it is or not, download speeds are certainly around twice as fast as before.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Jun-13 22:01:53
Print Post

Re: New Three Ultrafast (DC-HSPA+) E5756 MiFi

[re: glevum] [link to this post]

if your hooking the phone to the mifi via wifi then you can get up to about 60mbps that's what mine used to max out on when I hooked it up to superfast home broadband.

If your not then are you putting the mifi sim into the phone? if so watch out 3 will detect and disconnect it as it's a breach of the rules.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Jul-13 19:59:15
Print Post

Re: New Three Ultrafast (DC-HSPA+) E5756 MiFi

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
If your not then are you putting the mifi sim into the phone? if so watch out 3 will detect and disconnect it as it's a breach of the rules.

Data SIMs into phones should be okay, as they're not unlimited - its the unlimited phone SIMs into dongles and MiFi's that they have issues with.

I've had PAYG data SIMs, in various phones in the past, no problems using the phone as a WiFi hotspot, no real difference than the MiFi except phone did later network standard.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Speeds 49 / 8.2 Mbps - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m
Huawei modem -> RT-N66U -> Switch -> PC/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone/TV - last speedtest
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to