General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tthom
(member) Wed 11-Sep-13 10:54:29
Print Post

Congestion or not

[link to this post]

Over the last 4 months my 3 data speeds went from amazing to almost non existent..

I had called 3 and 4 months later the same result but I always never seen a change in speed regardless of time until now

At peak time 4.30pm I get 1.75meg download and 0.17 upload according to speedtest
At non peak time 6.30am I get 2.5meg and 1.70meg upload

I usually get 12-14meg in this area

Edited by tthom (Wed 11-Sep-13 11:45:58)

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Sep-13 14:07:45
Print Post

Re: Congestion or not

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

Mines dived from 20mbps to around 6-7 in the last few days. I'm happy because as the data is unlimited it's not as bad as like on EE where you pay for 6GB and can't break the 8mbps barrier.

The last time this happened I actually lost all service. My cell had died after 12 years but 3 did replace it within 24 hours and credited me. I doubt this has happened again because as I have said before on other threads when I leave my area and join another cell I get faster speeds. My cell also covers a part of the M4 and having a major radio transmitter near that probably does not help.

The other cell I can get on if I jiggle it with opensignal is LOS to where I am sat on top of a tower block. But my phone keeps going onto the other one which is a real pain.

If I didn't have virgin and therefore a slightly decent fast service I would move as I can't get FTTC or decent stable mobile speeds here for toffee.

If I could I would just tether and not have fixed services - easier when you want to move!
Standard User ed2314
(newbie) Sun 15-Sep-13 10:23:50
Print Post

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

I used to get upto 6 mbps when torrenting, now sometimes I cant even load up a website. Keep in mind that I am on pay n go 7gb for £25. This speed restriction is a joke. I called support and they didnt know anything, told me to switch to different ap.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Sun 15-Sep-13 16:05:42
Print Post

[re: ed2314] [link to this post]

Well there are 2 AP's on three. three.co.uk and 3internet

But you can hardly complain when you torrent.

Oh my illegal activity is not going as fast as I would like (or get if I paid for it)

And don't say it's legal - it's not and we all know it.

"Virgin Media - The only company I've ever dealt with who can end a complaint call trying to sell a Mobile "
Standard User ed2314
(newbie) Mon 16-Sep-13 11:15:29
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Two different issues here. Three is not an internet police and they dont decide whats legal and what is not. They are a service provider and honestly sometimes their service sucks.

Another thing is after subscribing to Lovefilm and Itunes (and a couple of other content providers) I have no need download anything illegal.
(knowledge is power) Mon 16-Sep-13 17:15:11
Print Post

[re: ed2314] [link to this post]

well it will suck if you p2p they throttle it 24/7

and good - so stop p2ping and then we can all get a better service

"Virgin Media - The only company I've ever dealt with who can end a complaint call trying to sell a Mobile "
  Print Thread

Jump to