General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mittenkrust
(member) Wed 18-Sep-13 09:36:43
Print Post

Traffic shaping on One Plan questions

[link to this post]

Basically at home I notice I get the best speeds putting my contract sim in a mifi rather than tethering with the phone.

Even so I noticed I was getting around 12-16 meg during the night with the mifi then literally when 8am came round it dropped to about 6 meg then after 9am went down to 3 meg.

Is this just network traffic increasing as people going to work? Or 3 just limiting the traffic as it seems strange it dropped at 8am on the dot i.e 7.59 was getting 12 meg, 8.01 was getting 6 meg
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Sep-13 12:41:20
Print Post

Re: Traffic shaping on One Plan questions

[re: mittenkrust] [link to this post]

No idea with 3. I struggle to get more than about 8 unless it's 4am when I can get 10. But 1/2 a mile down the road it's off the scale at 20+

Could be area, cell load,traffic,trafficsense or just as you say 3 turning it down.

I haven't tried my one plan sim in my Mifi but I will sure try it for 5 mins to see. I have the Hauwei E586 for reference with a Samba sim in which is 3 network - if that sim still works.

"Virgin Media - The only company I've ever dealt with who can end a complaint call trying to sell a Mobile "
  Print Thread

Jump to