General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mortstar
(regular) Sun 08-Dec-13 12:01:03
Print Post

Mobile mast outage

[link to this post]

I live in a village in Oxfordshire (OX44 7ST), there is a mast that provided decent 3G speeds on both Three and EE. Since Tuesday evening our Three mobiles are showing no service and EE is getting Edge from some other mast in the vicinity.

Three's customer service have been less useful than a chocolate teapot. I called on Wednesday (whilst at work where I have perfectly good service) and they said there was a known issue with the local network and that it would take no more than 48 hours to solve. On Friday I received a text that the service was back to normal. Once I arrived back at home it was clear that this was just some automated text service rather than being linked to any actual network diagnostic team. I've called again yesterday and they were very apologetic saying that it shouldn't be any more than another 48 hours, though I'm not holding my breath.

Is there any way to find out what has actually happened at the mast and whether anybody is doing any work on it and a possible timescale for resolution? We actually rely on these services for internet and phone service (no land line available), I think it is shocking that there isn't even a temporary solution in place 5 days after an outage. If that was my network, I'd be out of a job.

Edited by Mortstar (Sun 08-Dec-13 12:04:26)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Dec-13 12:37:12
Print Post

Re: Mobile mast outage

[re: Mortstar] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Mortstar:
Is there any way to find out what has actually happened at the mast and whether anybody is doing any work on it and a possible timescale for resolution?

Tweet Three support if you're a 3 customer:
https://twitter.com/ThreeUKSupport

If you're orange, t-mobile or EE, then tweet them instead.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 49/8.5 - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to