General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gameking
(newbie) Thu 09-Jan-14 15:17:11
Print Post

Mobile Broardband Huawei E160G

[link to this post]

Hi

Been using a 3 mobile BB for about 5 year with a Huawei E160G dongle. It is used every working day of the week for 6 to 7 hours a day. It connects my laptop to the net which is my mobile office running business social network, a few email pages, ebay, and a few forum pages that are open all the time. On average I use 3 gig a month occasionally it only lasts 3 week.

I always get full signal strength (100% of the time). 30% of the time I have no problems with the service. 30% is very slow and 40% I can be rebooting my mobile BB every 10 mins to surf due to ‘you’re not connected to a network’ messages . Sometime I even seem to use large amount of data (today 99mb in just 3 hours) while just signed in to site but doing nothing.

So my questions:
1) Do I need to update my dongle?
2) Are there any buttons to push with 3 (metaphorically) to improve my speed and connectivity?
3) Is 3 still the cheapest and best?
4) Why does my data consumption change from day to day even when doing the same?

May thanks for any help – happy new year Paul
Standard User brandscill
(member) Fri 10-Jan-14 14:11:00
Print Post

Re: Mobile Broardband Huawei E160G

[re: gameking] [link to this post]

Their new dongle is HSDPA+ compatible which means in areas where it's available (most) you'll be able to get better speeds.

They do some good deals like £15 for 15GB a month. I still think they're the best to go with for speeds and cost.
Standard User gameking
(newbie) Mon 13-Jan-14 10:40:27
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info..

I do buy the 3gb for £15 a month. Used to get free texts with that too but they stopped that and now I have t pay £5 for just 80 texts.

The new HSDPA+ dongle you mention - do 3 supply that to exiting users free or do you have to buy it? Also does it take the old sims or the newer small ones?

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brandscill
(member) Wed 15-Jan-14 22:10:01
Print Post

[re: gameking] [link to this post]

Your best bet would be to go in store and explain the problems your having. Say you saw the new dongle online uses HSDPA+ and would allow you to achieve better speeds. They would be best placed to help you find the best solution and give you a new dongle.

How did the texts work exactly? Is it through an app on the laptop you can send texts (just curious)

Edited by brandscill (Wed 15-Jan-14 22:10:39)

Print Thread

Jump to